Boatyard or not?

myrtlek

We will be in Barbados on a cruise on a Wednesday in February. We are taking a taxi tour in the morning and probably arriving at the beach at Carlisle Bay between 1:30- 2:00PM. We want to swim with the turtles and hang out at the beach for a total of 2 1/2 hours. We have to be back at the ship by 5:00PM. The question is should we use The Boatyard or some other place? I understand The Boatyard has some kind of beach party day on Wednesdays and may be more crowded because of that. They do not guarantee chairs will be available. We will be 6 people. What suggestions do you have?

We ended up at the Boatyard back in September and really enjoyed it. It does have a party atmosphere to it, but we found the food to be good. I have also heard good things about Harbour Lights which is down a little ways from the Boatyard.

As far as swing with the turtles, I highly recommend going out with Neville. Just ask one of the locals on the beach, and they will hook you up with him. Just be very insistent that he is who you want, as there are several boats that go out there. He charges $20 per person and you are out for about an hour. First you swim with the turtles which come right up because they are use to being fed, and then he will take you to the ship wrecks out in the bay. My mother couldn't get in the water with us, so he brought the turtles over to the boat for her to see. It was also my sister and mine first time snorkeling, and he was great with us!

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you have a great time in Barbados :D

• 2 weeks later...