Has anyone been on Carnival Ship for New Years?

AmyMelissa

I was on the Legend for new years in 2002, I have the capers from the cruise here at this link. http://community.webshots.com/user/zonemasconi

or you can just click the link in my sig for my pics and click on the ship.

I truthfully cant rememberhow many formal nights I do remember a special menu for NYE.

the celebration was grand at midnight with free champagne and toasts everywhere.

A New Years Cruise is definitely an ideal way to ring in the New Year. I was on the Carnival Glory two years ago and can I tell you I had a blast. Picture it in your mind.....

New Years Eve you have finished with dinner and you are sipping the Champagne... up on deck you find yourself among 1000 passengers who are celebrating and dancing the night away. Live music is being played on the deck top and people and laughing and full of cheer. Up on the ships mast where everyone can see that they have projected Time Square, NYC.... yes you are in the middle of the Caribbean and you are watching the ball come down with the New Yorkers.... it is pretty awesome... I would definitely recommend taking a New years cruise. To give you an idea of how much I enjoyed myself I am actually taking my boyfriend and some other friends on the glory again this year to ring in 2006. please feel free to email me. noreenhann@aol.com with any questions. Dont wait to long these New Years cruises book fast :-)

Brad and I were on the Glory for New Year last year, it was great, New Years Eve was the 3rd formal night. There was a gala dinner and then a big party on the deck. Each cabin got hats, masks and streamers. The New Years Eve show from Time Square was broadcast and at midnight air cannons shot confetti and the ship sounded its horn. It was so much fun, paasengers and crew attended the party, so there were probably about 4000 people there.

Thanks for all the good info. We are actually booked for the Legend from 12/27-1/4. It's an 8 day. We're counting the days. I can't wait!!! It's going to be fun to be at a big party for NYE. We usually have couples over for cards, food and drinks. I'm ready to really party. Not having to deal with crazy drivers is wonderful!!!. It sounds like such a good time. My TA just told me there isn't 1 balcony room left on the ship, not even the owners suite, so I guess hoping for an upgrade is out of the question. We have an 8E balcony anyway, so it shouldn't be a big deal. She said there are still a ton of oceanview and inside so if any of you want to join the party, it's not too late. I was hoping there would be more CC people on board, but only one other couple has responded to my Roll Call post.

If there is anything else you guys can share, I'd appreciate it......Oh, I knew I had another question. What is the weather going to be like in December in the Southern Caribbean? Anyone have a clue? I'm hoping it's swimming weather. The last time we cruised it was early February, and it wasn't too warm. I figure Barbados and Martinique should be pretty warm, I hope!!!

the weather was fine when I went sunny and warm, also be aware that the British holiday of boxing day is Jan 1st but I dont think that will affect you as if I did the math right ( bad at it I am) you are in Barbados on NYE. wow that will be a busy day.

I think you are right, Barbados for NYE, and then Martinique for NYD, will everything be closed because it's a holiday? Has anyone had this experience? Should we just book an excursion for Martinique because there won't be anything else to do???

I'm glad it will be warm. I want a tan!! and to go swimming!!! Otherwise why go???? Only kidding!!!!

Martinique is a french Island so you wont have a problem with boxing day there.

when I was there we rented a van from a taxi van driver named Daniel.

he was great spoke english, french and the island language .

for about $40 pp he took us around the island thru the citys houses, rainforest close to the volcano the city the volcano hit then down the coast line back to the ship.

it was a great tour look for him heres a pic of him http://community.webshots.com/photo/61140380/61140725ExDzlF

or you can always do a ships tour to feel safe.

for us boxing day was when we were in barbados and some of the shops were closed but the boatyard was open and the pirate ship still sailed, we wanted to rent a taxi to see the island but they were way too pricey (maybe because of the holiday who knows)

anyway I am going back on the Legend in Jan on the 28th so I will see how things differ.

have fun!!

I've been told by others if we are on Martinique on New Years Day not to expect anything open. If nothing is open, I'm figuring either booking some kind of excursion either through the ship or an independant is going to be the only thing to do. I really would like to get over close to Pele. I've heard it's pretty cool. We were hoping to do a tour of one of the Rum factories, but again, since it's a holiday, they probably won't be open. So I guess we'll just have to drink plenty of Rum!!! I'd love to hear about people's experiences with excursions in Martinique. Maybe I'll put another post out there to ask. I really appreciate all of your help.

Archived