Recessed balcony cabins

SoCal09

Do the recessed balcony cabins on the Legend have worse views that the rows of balconies that extend outward. I was told the balconies are larger on these cabins. Anyone with experience with this type of balcony? Thanks.

Edited by SoCal09

Do the recessed balcony cabins on the Legend have worse views that the rows of balconies that extend outward. I was told the balconies are larger on these cabins. Anyone with experience with this type of balcony? Thanks.

The balconies are indeed deeper but they look down on the top of lifeboats. Since I love to stand at the railing of our balcony and stare straight down at the water, we book regular balcony cabins. The view of the horizon is the same with both.

The negatives, which my husband did not care for at all, are that you can't look straight down to the water because of the lifeboats directly below, your balcony is recessed so looking forward to aft isn't a straight shot and the movement of the lifeboats make a bit of noise. We were on Deck 6..Empress Deck. I would think if you are on Deck 7 or above the noise would be less noticeable.

The positives, which I loved, were that the balcony is deeper and it seemed less windy than the regular balconies. I spend a lot of time on the balcony. I would book the extended balcony again but switch to Deck 7. I would have to convince my husband though as he really likes the view from the regular balcony cabins much better.

I love this type of cabin and have one booked for my 13 night Miracle cruise which departs on Sunday, as well as one on the Legend departing Honolulu in May. What I love about them is that they are always shaded, never windy or rainy. It is always perfect weather on these types of balconies.

I've had some regular balconies in the past that I haven't been able to use because there were blisteringly hot or the wind was ridiculous.