Back-to-Back Cruises on the Sun

MacBaby

I will be on back-to-back cruises in August on the Sun Princess. Has anyone done this before (on any Princess ship)? Can you stay on board or will I have to disembark and board again? Will the laundry room be available for use? I have booked a guaranty room, so I don't know what room(s) I will have. Any information would be appreciated!

On our May 14 trip, Kruisey is doing this. She is pairing the Panama Canal route with the short repositioning trip out of San Francisco. She had asked the same question and everyone on our roll call believed that she would be allowed to disembark once customs cleared.

I'm sure there are others on this board with more specific info. Have a great time!

CCL Holiday 2000

CCL Elation 2001

CCL Pride 2002

CCL Ecstacy 2003

RCL AOS 2003

Sun Princess May 14 2004!!

We have done a back to back on Princess before. Very simple, and they take care of everything for you. The last night of the first leg you should find your new cruise card in your stateroom. You do not have to get off and check in again but are free to come and go as you wish during the transition. The laundry rooms will be available for your use should you need to use them.

Nothing better than knowing that although the rest of the passengers are having to leave, you can stay on for another cruise and don't have to put out that luggage the last evening. icon_wink.gif

Enjoy!

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

I have done back to back on Princess in the past and I am doing so again in two weeks on the Dawn Princess. What I have found is that it really depends on what the customs people in the port decide at that time. We have been allowed to stay onboard the ship sometimes and sometimes they make you just walk off the ship and back on before others get on. They have also made us get all the way off and reboard with the next set of passengers.

The pursers desk will send you a letter to your room that will explain exactly what to do for those sailings. You do NOT have to take off any luggage if you do have to get off. You WILL either exchange your tickets for your next sail and sign card at the pursers desk or exchange them where others are boarding. You WILL get new sail and sign cards and will close out the account for the first sailing. If you do have to leave the ship you can be the last ones off.

Yes the laundry will be availabel for use. If you have a guarantee room you may NOT have the same room for the second sailing. If that turns out to be the case leave as much as you can on hangers and only pack the loose items. Talk to the room steward and they will move everything for you. It doesn't hurt to give them a little extra tip. They will keep things on hangers and just hang them in the next room. You can find out the next room assignment at the pursers desk a couple days into your first cruise.

You say you are on the Sun Princess in August. If that is an Alaskan cruise the last time we did back to back in Alaska we stayed on the ship between cruises but as I said it is up to customs and that may be different now.

May you have clear skies and calm seas!

Evidentally things differ with each cruise. We were able to carry our shipboard account over to the next sailing, including our shipboard credits that were not used up on the first cruise, we were not made to close it out after the first.

Looks like you will have to wait until you hear from them onboard ship before finding out exactly how they will handle your back to back.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Has anyone done this before (on any Princess ship)? Can you stay on board or will I have to disembark and board again? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Did it on the Royal in Southhampton last June and the Dawn in San Juan in April. Both times received letters asking us to bring our cruise vouchers to Purser's desk before end of first cruise. Both times new cruise cards were delivered to stateroom night before and we had to go and have our pictures taken where others were boarding the ship sometime the day they were embarking. A letter was delivered to us several days before the end of the first cruise with instructions, telling us what meal service options would be available to us the "turn around" day, and what we were to do should we wish to go ashore while others were disembarking. We did not have to reboard the ship and could stay on. The laundry room was open on both ships and a great day to use it.

Future cruises:

May 04 Amsterdam

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess