Guarantee Stateroom assignments at port-Confusion?

100Happy

We booked a Guarantee Suite on Carnival Imagination and we are 3 days out from our cruise and still no assignment on our stateroom.

Gotta admit I am getting nervous about not knowing and really wondering if we will know before we go. :eek:

We are suppose to be priority boarding but since we don't have a stateroom assignment it doesn't note that on our boarding passes. I am worried we won't know till we get to port and then there will be unnecessary confusion or time wasted standing in line getting the proper luggage tags and boarding passes.

Please share any advice or past experience in dealing with assignments at port and avoiding confusion and/or stress.:confused:

Edited by 100Happy

On our very first cruise we got our guarantee balcony assignment at the airport while waiting for the shuttle. It was on Deck 8, midship - perfect! So don't stress too much. The surprise might be wonderful.

On our very first cruise we got our guarantee balcony assignment at the airport while waiting for the shuttle. It was on Deck 8, midship - perfect! So don't stress too much. The surprise might be wonderful.

This is what I envision happening to us. :eek:

No matter what we will be happy with whatever Suite we get and of course are hoping for the best. :D

I'm curious how this turns out for you. I am on this sailing as well and there are two of us in an interior 5 person room. We booked our guarantee inside about two weeks ago and got our room assignment within hours. I wonder if we will get changed for a different room to make way for a larger family.

I'm curious how this turns out for you. I am on this sailing as well and there are two of us in an interior 5 person room. We booked our guarantee inside about two weeks ago and got our room assignment within hours. I wonder if we will get changed for a different room to make way for a larger family.

Of course reassignment is possible with a guarantee but probably unlikely. Wow I am shocked though you got your assignment weeks ago and we still haven't. We booked in the summer and I truly thought we would have an assignment by now. The only thing I can think of is that Carnival is trying to up sell still and that is why we still don't have an assignment. Crazy

There is no need to be nervous. Carnival does this all the time, they know what they are doing.

If you do not have your cabin assignment prior to arriving at the port, the porters will have copies of the manifest with all cabin assignments and can help you fill out luggage tags. No biggie.