What is a formal night

lindabodrum

It's Gala night on MSC. 2 on a 7 night cruise. The menu will be a bit nicer.

Nothing really that special at all happens, except for that wonderful cocktail party! There might be a masked ball too.

White night and Italian night also have entertainment crew dressed up ridiculously at the themed party. All harmless fun and you don't have to participate - plenty of other venues.

Caryl

Other than dressing up in ones finery, what is the formal night on MSC. Is anything out of the norm going on.

They have a flaming baked Alaska parade on the farewell gala.

Some of my favourites from the formal dinner are the beef in Barolo, spinach & ricotta crepe, Spumante risotto.

They also give you a free glass of fizz at the last one, or at least they used to.

Italian night is good fun and you get a tiramisu parade at that one. Very good it is but not as alcholic as by Mary BErry version, but then I don't have to stand in a kitchen for 2 hours making it and cleaning up!

I don't think that Irishman meant cocktail dress versus formal long gown, but rather some completely scruffy!

I remember one guy in a baseball cal, wife beater, shorts and flipflops (and there may well have Benin sand sticking to him) eye me up and down in my gown and bling and then ask if I'd been invited to a party. I said no it was a gala dinner....I'm fairly sure despite their lack attitude, he would have been turned away being quite that casual, but who kniws