How bad is deck 1 cabin or doing a guarantee cabin

dulcemariamar

Our first cruise was 15 years ago. We had no internet, just lovely color brochures.

Didn't know one deck from the other, went cheap because our daughter's wedding was soon.

Lowest cabin deck and all night long we we heard banging outside our cabin.

I have since learned the noise was caused by the waves. Never again.

We've always booked lowest deck possible mid-ship ocean view due to motion sickness issues. Always been quite, but once had rough seas and waves were coming up putting our window underwater:(

Can't help on the guarantee room.

Have stayed multiple times on Riviera deck on conquest ships with no problems. With cabins above you its quiet and the cabins are larger because the sides of the ship curve out. On one cruise In rough seas our friends were in a balcony cabin higher up and were quite sick from the motion. We had no problems. You might hear some noise when the ship is coming into ports and docking but this never bothered us.

Had cabin on Riviera deck, towards front of Freedom last year (think it was 1244, can't remember) and it was fine. had no noises, didn't notice vibration and not a lot of movement, but we did have good weather and calm seas that week.

A word to the wise...

On embarkation day, you might want to be aware that before muster drill they will close the elevators.

I watch the time and make sure that I am on a high deck before muster drill time.

Depends on how many flights of stairs you feel like climbing.;)

I would like to hear about your experience of staying in a cabin on deck one or doing a guarantee cabin.

Do you hear the motors or is it really rocky on deck one?

If you get a guarantee cabin will you be stuck under the theater or some noisy venue?

I have never had a bad room with over 25 guarantee cabins.

The lowest passenger deck is NOT the lowest deck. I've never heard the "motors" on that deck.

Deck number depends on the ship class. Fantasy-class ships have Riviera as Deck 3 (as there are crew Decks 0-2 beneath). To avoid passenger confusion, apparently, other ship classes refer to Riviera as Deck 1. That doesn't mean it's the bottom deck on the ship, just that it's the first passenger deck.

I love it down there. Less passenger foot traffic. Depending on the location (I tend to book midship), no issues with the thrusters when docking. Just don't pick all the way forward or aft.

I typically take the stairs to help offset the extra caloric intake. I often actually lose a pound or two rather than gain several.

The lowest passenger deck is not under any galley on any ship I've seen in Carnival's fleet. The galley is typically on deck 3 and 4 (or just 3, depending on the ship class).

On the Carnival website, the deck plans for Paradise (Fantasy Class) shows Riviera as deck 4.

We have only ever had balconies but had to do a budget cruise for Valentine's Day. Booked about three weeks ago and had to let Carnival pick the cabin. Was a nervous wreck, figuring we'd be stuck down low after everything I've read about that. Just got our cabin assignment and we are on Empress. Thank you Carnival!!

I would like to hear about your experience of staying in a cabin on deck one or doing a guarantee cabin.

Do you hear the motors or is it really rocky on deck one?

If you get a guarantee cabin will you be stuck under the theater or some noisy venue?

I have never done the guarantee cabin deal, but I have twice had a cabin on deck one, or Riviera deck. Once on Liberty, it was an ocean view mid ship, and was the quietest and smoothest cruise ever, no noticeable ship noise at all, and the other time it was a port hole room, way forward on the Victory. Again, very smooth, no rocky movement, (but the seas were calm), and the only noticeable noise was a bit of waves hitting he bow, but not disturbing at all to me. I have also been on deck 2, main deck, which is fine too, but I think I actually prefer deck one/or Riviera deck.