Calabaza is out..

kmarie10531

Just got an email about my excursion that I booked with Calabaza won't work since they have a 9am sailing and our ship doesn't get into port until 10 am . Can anyone else recommend a good catamaran for a small group of people ??

TIA

Last time we were in Barbados 2013 we sailed with Silver Moon. Enjoyed our sail very much & had a great crew. :)

Last time we were in Barbados 2013 we sailed with Silver Moon. Enjoyed our sail very much & had a great crew. :)

That's who I'm thinking of going with . I've been to Barbados and swam with turtles before and it was awesome . There are "cruise virgins" that are sailing with me this year and I just want to make sure I pick a good one .

Just got an email about my excursion that I booked with Calabaza won't work since they have a 9am sailing and our ship doesn't get into port until 10 am . Can anyone else recommend a good catamaran for a small group of people ??

TIA

Nick and Val from Calypso are the best...They treat you like family...

TIA

Kmarie 10531

As sugested above you could try Silver Moon (max 12 passengers) which usually leaves at 10:30 am. However, you should also check out Elegance (max 14 passengers), Good Times (18), Calypso (14), El Tigre (36), R & R (12), Shasta (8), Small Cats (12), Bolador (14) and Seaduced (12) - all of which usually leave around 10:00 am -and which also have reviews on Trip Advisor.

Calabaza is very popular and is usually the first to be booked up. We ran into that problem last time we were in Barbados and chose Elegance Catamaran Cruises instead (and had a great time with them).

Because of our arrival time and the numbers booked with them from our cruise ship Elegance adjusted their departure time to accommodate us and I would think that the other Cat cruises would do this as well (we were one of two ships docked in Barbados that day).

Check out your ship's Roll Call to see what day sails your fellow cruisers have booked in Barbados - they must have a late departure. In addition, check out the catamaran cruise companies web sites, and if necessary email them to let them know the time you dock and to confirm their departure and arrival times.

NA Gooner

We used Silvermoon, in Jan 2016. They were amazing! The 3 staff onboard were incredibly professional, polite & and engaging. The boat was beautiful, and with only 12 of us on board it felt very private. And the food and drinks were fantastic, my kids still talk about the fish and pasta. You won't regret booking with them.

I ended up booking wth Calypso. They were the only ones who came back right away saying their tour will be from 11 to 4 . And not well this is our normal time and we will adjust if need be. Payment is due on day of tour as well which is nice as well . Thank you everyone for your input

I ended up booking wth Calypso. They were the only ones who came back right away saying their tour will be from 11 to 4 . And not well this is our normal time and we will adjust if need be. Payment is due on day of tour as well which is nice as well . Thank you everyone for your input

You will love Calypso...Nick and Val are so awesome...We were with them last year and just rebooked with them for April...This was dh favorite excursion

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Our group was with Nick and Val on Calypso last March. If my memory serves me (sometimes it doesn't), they start out with pastry and fruit, at lunch, I believe we had the flying fish (I think that was the only fish they had), mac & cheese, pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, salad, and I think a cheese and cold cut platter so you could make your own sandwiches. After lunch, we had cookies, brownies, etc. to choose from! Not to mention all you can drink of water, coffee/tea, soft drinks, beer, and liquor. We're headed back to Barbados in February and have them booked again!

• 4 weeks later...