Cocoa Beach - which of these hotels?

GwenyP

We're sailing from Port Canaveral in June and I've narrowed it down to either the new Homewood Suites or the Best Western oceanfront. I've never stayed in a Homewood Suites before so I don't know what to expect, plus I'm not sure where it'll be in terms of location. Whereas, the Best Western is older but is beachfront, close to the pier and has the 40 percent off port parking coupon. Opinions?

We're sailing from Port Canaveral in June and I've narrowed it down to either the new Homewood Suites or the Best Western oceanfront. I've never stayed in a Homewood Suites before so I don't know what to expect, plus I'm not sure where it'll be in terms of location. Whereas, the Best Western is older but is beachfront, close to the pier and has the 40 percent off port parking coupon. Opinions?

Homewood Suites is still under construction so too early to talk about the experience. It is an inconvenient walk to the ocean from there and you have to cross a very busy road to get to the few nearby restaurants.

Best Western is a large hotel. Some room blocks are indeed oceanfront and the location is fabulous - close to the Cocoa Beach Pier and shops and restaurants.

As 40% port parking partner, it gets my vote in this case because you have a vehicle it seems?

For maps and a further discussion about the many hotel/restaurant options in the 4 clusters near the Port, more information here.

Homewood Suites is still under construction .... and you have to cross a very busy road to get to the few nearby restaurants.

No . . . this is already on the same side of A1A as Grills et al

I still would not recommend walking there

but the HS is on the same side of A1A/528 as the port trilogy

if you want to get to Kelseys or Zak's ... then you need to cross A1A

Edited by Capt_BJ

Homewood Suites is still under construction .... and you have to cross a very busy road to get to the few nearby restaurants.

No . . . this is already on the same side of A1A as Grills et al

I still would not recommend walking there

but the HS is on the same side of A1A/528 as the port trilogy

Capt, I understand what you are saying BUT:

HS is almost a mile from the Cove restaurants (Grills, etc). You have to take a lonely trail (dark at night) around a pond with bushes and behind/around commercial buildings. In that area some strange characters hang out and sleep at night as is evident by the trash under the bushes. I have been harassed there while on my bike by a loud cursing person.

There is no safe sidewalk that follows the exit road towards the Cove. Technically, the Country Inn & Suites and Residence Inn have easier access to the Cove for walkers with a better path - but too lonely at night for my liking!

Most HS guests will try to cross A1A (be very careful) to get to Zachary's and other places further south. The only restaurant (other than McDonalds) on the same side relatively near is Thai Thai (very good actually).

Edited by SteerageJoe