Three twin beds in tripple cabins!! Why?

sumguy1

Just called Princess and was shocked when they told me that in any tripple cabin whether interior, oceanview or a balcony, I will have three separate beds; queen size bed is not possible!! and we were talking about Star the "big" ship!!! Why is that?? I know they allow it on Carnival Liberty and RCI Jewel, what is wrong with their staterooms design??... What a disappointment.

In some cabins it is possible to join the two bottom single beds together to make a queen. The reason they are telling you differently is that if they do make them into a queen, it restricts the access to the upper bunk and there is no place for the ladder to go.

I was told none of the cabins can have a queen size bed on Star. It is weird that you can do that on other cruise lines but not on Princess.. I am puzzled!! Why couldnt they update their bunk bed design (ladder position) to accomodate a family in a tripple room? Is that too hard? Maybe they assume that it is going to be three singles in a tripple room always? Even in balcony cabins which are bigger we still get an upper bunk bed (in carnival the couch becomes a third bed, on RCI the loveseat is a pull out), I still cant get the point.

Sumguy1, you might look into a minisuite guarantee for a more suitable sleeping arrangement for you. Sometimes the difference in cost between a balcony and a mini is minimal. That way you can have your two twins pushed together, with the third person sleeping in the seating area. You'll appreciate the larger bathroom and added storage space, too.

Why it's different in balcony cabins - those cabins aren't very big! The third berth is a pull-down from the ceiling, above the two twins.

Archived