2nd question: Splendor on Halloween

ZanzibarCreek

We're taking our kids this time around and will be on the cruise for Halloween. Ship leaves on 10/30, so what would normally be the first formal night on the next day, is also Halloween. My family is from a town that Halloween is a huge deal, being the Halloween Capitol of the World. So we take this 'holiday' seriously, lol.

Does anyone know what, if anything, they do with/for the kids in regards to this? Is it acknowledged at all? Just need to know because my kids are certainly asking because they are giving up the sacred candy stash dash around the neighborhood for a cool vacation.

How about adults? I know I can easily find one of my suitcase-friendly costumes and have fun with it too. Honestly if they don't recognize it, I will still dress up because I will feel odd not doing so.

Thanks in advance!

I will be on the cruise with you! And there will be parties, some of the crew in costume, contests for best costume etc! I have been on three Halloween cruises and there is usually candy passed out for the kids by staff and some cruisers also. Decorations will be around the ship too.

Now, inquiring minds want to know....what is the Halloween capital of the world and why? And curious to know how you came up with the screen name?

I will be on the cruise with you! And there will be parties, some of the crew in costume, contests for best costume etc! I have been on three Halloween cruises and there is usually candy passed out for the kids by staff and some cruisers also. Decorations will be around the ship too.

Now, inquiring minds want to know....what is the Halloween capital of the world and why? And curious to know how you came up with the screen name?

ZanzibarCreek is my boarding stables. I have a small farm a few miles from the town I grew up in, Anoka, MN.

Anoka Halloween is huge in MN. The parade draws so many people that the city has 4-5x its' population on Grand Day parade Saturday.

Anoka is legitimately the Halloween Capitol of the World. http://anokahalloween.com/

Anoka girls put more thought and planning into their costumes than their prom and wedding dresses.

And y'all aren't gonna have nothing on my costume .... :cool:

ZanzibarCreek is my boarding stables. I have a small farm a few miles from the town I grew up in, Anoka, MN.

Anoka Halloween is huge in MN. The parade draws so many people that the city has 4-5x its' population on Grand Day parade Saturday.

Anoka is legitimately the Halloween Capitol of the World. http://anokahalloween.com/

Anoka girls put more thought and planning into their costumes than their prom and wedding dresses.

And y'all aren't gonna have nothing on my costume .... :cool:

Very interesting. Learn something new every day.

The reason I asked about your screen name: I am a big Freddie Mercury fan and he was born in Zanzibar. ha!

Good luck to you on winning the contest!

Very interesting. Learn something new every day.

The reason I asked about your screen name: I am a big Freddie Mercury fan and he was born in Zanzibar. ha!

Good luck to you on winning the contest!

The road that goes along one side of my property is Zanzibar Lane, and it meets up at the edge of a park reserve called Elm Creek so i just combined the two.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Splendor for a Halloween cruise and they had a trick or treat scavenger hunt around the ship for the kids that ended with a little party in one of the lounges The ship was decorated the whole cruise, lots of Halloween themed back drops for photos, an adult costume contest and a special dessert in the MDR. It was such a great atmosphere and great time. Would do it again.

• 1 month later...