Iceland - pictures.

shoreguy

I have no idea where to post info on Iceland. I know before I went this past September I could find almost nothing here. I have to say it was like no ther place I had been before.

Almost treeless - from sea port, to lava landscapes, to moutains, to geysers. glacier waterfalls. and dormant valcanos.

We did an 8 hour tour often referred to as "The Golden Circle". Well worth the time and $ with only one day in Iceland.

I posted all the pictures from the transatlanic on NCL's Jewel with a link below signature. Here is a link to just the pictures from Iceland.

http://community.webshots.com/album/451695997ZAlmMa

Thank you for the amazing pictures, we are going on the Norway Iceland trip on the Sea Princess in July '06. At first was unsure re. any interest in this cruise but are becoming quite enthusiastic. Did you go as well to the Faroe and Shetland Islands? Were there available taxis /vans in Iceland and which port in Iceland did you take your tour from? Thanks Karen.:p

We also enjoyed your pictures, thanks. Like Karen we're booked on the Iceland cruise aboard Sea Princess July 1, 2006.

Any other information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Did you visit Akureyri, Stavenger or Torshavn? If so what tours are worth taking?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing those awesome pictures! So glad our family decided to trade in Legoland (Denmark) for a two day stopover in Iceland on our way to a Baltics cruise with Princess. Did you get a chance to take a dip in the Blue Lagoon?

Cynthia

• 3 months later...

Was wondering how strenuous the tours Icelands Landscape of Fire (Akureyri) and Golden Circle (Reykjavik) trips are. It says substantial level of activity and we're wondering if my mom will be able to handle it. Is it just a lot of walking or is there a good amnt. of climbing involved? Any info from someone who's gone on these tours would be appreciated.

Archived