Hotels In Honolulu

artkoll

While there are not any hotels real close to the pier in Honolulu, there are thousands of them (it seems) closer to Waikiki. If you only have one night prior to your cruise, you'll probably want to stay down there. Even if you don't stay on the beach, you'll want to be somewhat close, so you can walk the beach early in the am. You'll be up very early your first morning, trust me.

There are hotels in every budget, you might want to check here on the Ports of Call board for Hawaii. Another good resource is Expedia, I rarely book through them, but they have agreat list and you can search by price.

Cabs are prolific in Honolulu, you will have absolutely no problem getting to the port. Traffic is a nightmare in Honolulu, if you are only staying one night, don't bother renting a car. We find the street names to be a bit confusing and getting lost is easy to do there.

Have a wonderful Hawaiian vacation. When we are in Honolulu, we love to go to the Royal Hawaiian for mai tais at sunset, absolutely gorgeous.

We stayed at the Royal Hawaiian, otherwise known as "the pink palace of the Pacific". It is Pricey (around $250 a night) but it was worth every cent for us. It is one of those old historic hotels that has been around forever and you see in old movies. They have old vintage rooms and newer ones. We stayed in the old ones and they were great! They also have the best banana bread in the world!

If I remember correctly, the bar at the Royal Hawaiin is where the Mai Tai was originally created.

When we were in Honolulu, we stayed at the Park Shore Honolulu. I was across the street from a beautiful beach, had a pool, restaurants nearby, and very good price for the area. Our room was off the pool deck and we could see Diamond Head out our room.

The website for the hotel is: http://www.parkshorewaikiki.com

Rooms range from $139 - 300

If you want the luxury hotels, Royal Hawaiian is on the beach. Another beautiful area but expensive rooms.

Don't know of any that are by the pier. I am guessing the Hilton Hawaiian Village might be the closest but is approximately 5 miles away. (?)

I remember the pier is very close to the Aloha Tower but don't remember any hotels in the area.

Hope this helps! Miriam

ohana family hotels, used to be the outrigger hotels. We used to stay at the ohana waikiki west, there is ohana waikiki east, ohana waikiki surf, etc, etc.

http://www.ohanahotels.com. I couldn't tell you about prices since I haven't been back to Hawaii for years since I discovered cruising. I used to use coupons from the entertainment book for a great discount.

It is not true that there are no hotels near the port. There is a hotel that's less than a 5 minute walk on Bishop avenue. When I stayed there, it was an Astor Hotel. It's called the Executive Center Hotel. Phone is (808) 539-3000.

This hotel is the top 10 or so floors of a condo/office building. I remember they had 2 room types. The larger room type was great! I had a view of the airport and the port with floor to ceiling glass on 3 sides. I think there was a full kitchen too, if not it at least had fridge, microwave, etc.

This is not a popular hotel for tourists because it is in the middle of the business district which pretty much closes down at 6p. For the port though, it would be perfect.

Could Someone Tell Me What Hotels Are Near The Pier In Honolulu

And Prices. Flying In The Day Before Our Cruise

You may also want to ask this on the Hawaii port of call board. Spleen, Suebee, and a couple of others who live over there get on that board almost every day and are a wealth of info on this type of question as well as about anything you would want to know about Hawaii.

Archived