Regal semi-live 1/31 - 2/6/2016

satxdiver

Today we decided to try the MDR for breakfast similar to what we are going to do tomorrow. The breakfast was good as always. At 10 AM was the traditional “cooking” show. The CD was not able to make it so we had the head chef and maître‘d. Nether were very funny for most of the show. We have always enjoyed it when they tease each other and do ridiculous cooking steps. There was some humor but it was very limited. After sitting on the lido deck with the usual complement of chair hogs, we decided to have lunch in the HC. I found copious amounts of my favorite mussels and shrimp so I was a very happy pax and you can imagine what my plate and bowl were loaded. The feature pizza was 4 cheese pizza and was good so my partner said. As for chair hogs, we only comment as neither of us want a lounge chair particularly in the sun. We both burn so we have to severely limit our sun exposure. The chairs in the shade are very comfortable.

At 3 PM they had the traditional wine tasting which we attended since it was free for our loyalty level. I think most of the pax in the room were there gratis. When we returned to the cabin, the room steward had put the kiss of death on our bed – the mat to load our suitcases. Sadly we are about to end this cruise. The traditional tea was this afternoon in the piazza but unfortunately there was a charge of $10 or $20 if you wanted champagne.

When we returned to our cabin we noticed that the gargantuan of the seas and a Carnival ship were off our port side. Looked like we had made up for the emergency stop in Grand Turk. I could also see another cruise ship off in the distance but was not able to identify it.

Dinner was in the MDR and they had mussels as one of the main choices. You can guess what I had. My partner decided to try the new Curtis Stone menu tenderloin pork selection and loved it. The Curtis Stone offerings stayed the same all week. Later tonight we went to the Mardi Gras dance party in the piazza followed by the farewell dance party by Rhapsody.

Tonight we were told to move our clocks back one hour to align ship time with EST observed in Florida. Tomorrow we will be leaving the ship. We have been told to wait in the Vista Lounge.