agadir

Going to Agadir on the majesty soon have not been since a family holiday 10 years ago.

I fancy going back to the souk and maybe the Kasbah will the taxi's take euros or sterling and what would be the cost roughly and can you barter in euros and sterling at the souk

• 2 weeks later...
Going to Agadir on the majesty soon have not been since a family holiday 10 years ago.

I fancy going back to the souk and maybe the Kasbah will the taxi's take euros or sterling and what would be the cost roughly and can you barter in euros and sterling at the souk

Am on Majesty's Colourful Coasts cruise from Tenerife on 22nd March 2016. Daughter, her husband and daughter are being energetic and taking the ship's bike tour when in Agadir so I need to organise something for myself. Am leaning towards a ship's organised tour as I am hesitant about going out and about on my own. Do you have any recommendations as to what to see and do and would you advise for/against going out alone at this port?

Suzanne

Euros yes - Sterling no.

Am on Majesty's Colourful Coasts cruise from Tenerife on 22nd March 2016. Daughter, her husband and daughter are being energetic and taking the ship's bike tour when in Agadir so I need to organise something for myself. Am leaning towards a ship's organised tour as I am hesitant about going out and about on my own. Do you have any recommendations as to what to see and do and would you advise for/against going out alone at this port?

Suzanne

I wouldn't worry about going it alone. In my view its a very safe place, the people are respectful and they like British tourists. Its a lot safer than London. We've been many times and Mrs R has gone out on her own several times. Have a great time.

I wouldn't worry about going it alone. In my view its a very safe place, the people are respectful and they like British tourists. Its a lot safer than London. We've been many times and Mrs R has gone out on her own several times. Have a great time.

Thank you for your re-assurance. Will make some plans.

Regards

Suzanne

If you want to do a bit of shopping or browsing in the morning, get a petit taxi from the port gates and ask for the grand souk. It's marvellous. Agree the fare first, haggling is expected, it should be about 15 - 20 dirham and give a tip too. Same on the way back but a good idea to take a picture of the ship with you to show the driver otherwise he might take you to the fishing port! As in every North African country, you'll get pestered a bit but a firm no thank you, with a smile, is all that's required. Have fun.