Lower deck staterooms

angelmomma530

I've stayed on the lower decks many times before. To me, the motion is minimal. The seas were pretty rough one night on the Elation and both my daughter and I were affected. Once we went back to our cabin, we felt a lot better because the motion was minimal as compared to the upper decks.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)

The lower the deck you are on, the lower the motion you'll encounter.

Point your finger directly up in the air, and move it left to right (as if you are wagging your finger at a dog or child). Notice the difference between how far the base of your finger moves compared with the tip of your finger. It works the same way with cruise ships. The higher you are, the further you'll move from left to right. But at the bottom of the ship, movement is minimal.

Point your finger directly up in the air, and move it left to right (as if you are wagging your finger at a dog or child). Notice the difference between how far the base of your finger moves compared with the tip of your finger. It works the same way with cruise ships. The higher you are, the further you'll move from left to right. But at the bottom of the ship, movement is minimal.

Great analogy!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze (June 25,2017)

If you are on a low deck, try to get in the middle or the aft (rear) of the ship. Being near the front, you can hear the sound of the ship as it chops through the waves. In semi-rough seas, it can be loud enough to keep a light sleeper awake.

That IS a great analogy!! Thanks.

If you are on a low deck, try to get in the middle or the aft (rear) of the ship. Being near the front, you can hear the sound of the ship as it chops through the waves. In semi-rough seas, it can be loud enough to keep a light sleeper awake.

Midship cabins have less movement and are less likely get engine or anchor noise.

:)

Deck 2 on the Breeze is great, except for the cabins that run from the midship elevators to the aft elevators. Those are below the galley/kitchen. They are working in there all the time, so some spots (but not all) will have late night noise from above. Below the midship dining room is best, since it's empty all night. Aft rooms will hear odd and inconsistent noises & inconsistent movements. Forward rooms will hear consistent noises & movement from the bobbing & the water hitting the front of the ship. Because of consistency, I prefer forward to aft, but midship is best.

Great analogy with the finger back and forth, I've been all over ships cabin wise and had deck 4 (the lowest one) on Fantasy a couple weeks ago. Very minimum movement, even for being all the way forward in a porthole room. However the lower you get the noisier it tends to be since the engine and thrusters are down there. Never heard the engine, but we knew when we were pulling into port for sure at the thrusters literally made our bed shake. It was quite the wake up call lol.

How is the motion on these decks? Never had a room this low before. Specifically the Breeze Deck 2.

The lower you are on the ship the less motion you feel, just like the closer to the middle of the ship the less motion you feel.

Looks like the theater is above us.

That's what it looks like to me too, but it is close. If you are under the theater, it's the very back corner of it. Shows are over by about 11:00 anyway. After that, it should be silent above you all night. You might be under a work station (bartenders making the drinks?), which would mean even less noise during shows. I would be happy with that spot.

Edited by k2excursion