Anytime Dining during Spring Break on Carnival Elation?

Hillwood

We are going on the Carnival Elation over Spring Break out of New Orleans. There will be 6 of us in all including myself, my parents, my husband, and our two daughters, ages 8 and 2. I have never tried Anytime Dining but my father is a big fan. I have been on a Carnival Cruise, another in the Fantasy Class, on Spring Break before and have seen how crowded that it can be. I have also noticed several reviews stating that there was a LONG wait for Anytime Dining on their cruise. On the other hand, I've also seen several posts about it being amazing. I would love some feedback. Waiting for a long while for a table (for a larger party) is not my idea of fun, especially with a 2-year old. Can anyone weigh in on this, specifically for any of the Fantasy class ships during a peak time? Thanks in advance!:)

We are going on the Carnival Elation over Spring Break out of New Orleans. There will be 6 of us in all including myself, my parents, my husband, and our two daughters, ages 8 and 2. I have never tried Anytime Dining but my father is a big fan. I have been on a Carnival Cruise, another in the Fantasy Class, on Spring Break before and have seen how crowded that it can be. I have also noticed several reviews stating that there was a LONG wait for Anytime Dining on their cruise. On the other hand, I've also seen several posts about it being amazing. I would love some feedback. Waiting for a long while for a table (for a larger party) is not my idea of fun, especially with a 2-year old. Can anyone weigh in on this, specifically for any of the Fantasy class ships during a peak time? Thanks in advance!:)

With your children along I expect that you will eat rather early. If you do that it is rare that there is any wait for a table, especially one as small as a six -top. If you go to dinner between 7:15 and 8:30 you might have to wait, but if you are in before 7:00 it is no big deal, and waits are almost no existent even when the ship is crowded.