Suggestions for family from 13 year old to 77 year old

AACJ

We will be here (there) in July with my family. I'm almost 50, same with my wife, we have 13 and 18 year old girls, plus I'm bringing my 77 year old mother in law with us.

I would say we are all somewhat active, of course, my MIL won't be zip lining (but then she might). I'd be up for it and I could probably talk my wife into it, of course the kids would be all over it, but don't think we want to go that route. MIL and kids would be content sitting on the beach. My wife and I like to see historic sites but are also open to other suggestions. Kids probably not so interested, MIL may be.

Any suggestions on something EVERYONE in my group can enjoy?

Save the zip lining for Roatan. Much better. Skip the new water park.

Look up Native Choice tours for Maya ruins or just head for the beaches in Mahahual. Cost your entire party a total of $25 RT via taxi or tram. See the reviews here for Blue Kay and Tropicante. No cost entry just buy food/drink once there to go with the loungers. Always a good idea to contact Steve at Tropicante and reserve loungers (no charge) especially if there's more than one ship in port with you.

We've been to Maya Chan Resort twice and going back again in Sept. We love it there! Lots of activities and the service is wonderful. Last time we were there we had a group of 12 ranging from 20's-80's. They only allow around 50 people in the resort so it isn't crowded. They do welcome families with kids. When we were there a family beside had two teens and the bartender was making them virgin drinks all day. They really liked when he climbed a tree, got two fresh coconuts and made them virgin pina coladas.

I went there with my wife a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot. Even had a massage on the beach. It was a long drive from the ship though. Hoping for something closer, but this still is an option. I like that they limited to 50 guests too. Oh, just found out the drinking age is 18 at all our ports too. Hope my 18 year old doesn't find that out. Maybe as we are heading back to the ship at our last port, I'll have a beer with her at a bar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk