Getaway Spa Suite Question

realcindylouwho

After reviewing the deck plans, I don't see that the Getaway Spa Suites on deck 14 have a private key card access to them as the Haven suites do on 15 and 16. It seems as though they are in a hallway that all ship passengers can use. Am I correct on this? We are trying to minimize the potential noise around (above and below also) our suite. Thanks for your answers!

After reviewing the deck plans, I don't see that the Getaway Spa Suites on deck 14 have a private key card access to them as the Haven suites do on 15 and 16. It seems as though they are in a hallway that all ship passengers can use. Am I correct on this? We are trying to minimize the potential noise around (above and below also) our suite. Thanks for your answers!

Yes, you are correct. I stayed in 14138 on the Breakaway (identical deckplan), and it is a regular public hallway, but I found it generally quiet (although if I recall, we were across from a crew door which was sometimes noisy). Generally, it was a quiet location without a lot of foot traffic, and had the Deck 15 Haven suites overhead, so not a lot of noise from above. (I believe starboard side spa suites may have some noise issues due to the gym being above.) It was convenient enough - just 1 deck below the pool and spa, and 2 decks from the Haven facilities. For the right price, I would book it again in a hearbeat. Hope that helps.

Yes, you are correct. I stayed in 14138 on the Breakaway (identical deckplan), and it is a regular public hallway, but I found it generally quiet (although if I recall, we were across from a crew door which was sometimes noisy). Generally, it was a quiet location without a lot of foot traffic, and had the Deck 15 Haven suites overhead, so not a lot of noise from above. (I believe starboard side spa suites may have some noise issues due to the gym being above.) It was convenient enough - just 1 deck below the pool and spa, and 2 decks from the Haven facilities. For the right price, I would book it again in a hearbeat. Hope that helps.

Thanks you for the detailed answer. We stayed in an H5 16710 on the Getaway in late Novemeber of 2015 and thought we would investigate the Spa Suites as a choice for a late 2017 cruise. Our PCC will be calling us as soon as they are available for booking around the first of next week. However, I am now thinking we will regroup and look at the H5's on 15 port side instead. Hmmm, I've got work to do.

Anyone want to chime in on the one BR H5 locations on deck 15 port side?