Wine package on Jewel?

d-e-h

We are scheduled to sail on Jewel of the Seas very soon. After a bit of frustration about it being printed multiple places in the RC documentation to buy a wine package (by the bottle) beforehand yet not being able to find the stupid things anywhere in the Cruise Planner, I finally came here and found that the wine packages had been retired ... sort of.

So it sounds like there's no official wine packages anymore, but some ships have created their own.

Has anyone sailed on Jewel recently and seen their wine package offerings?

I'm even considering purchasing a 2 bottles of wine we know we like in San Juan and carrying onboard (we've never taken advantage of that allowance before). This whole up-in-the-air nature of the wine packages at the moment is rather annoying since it's the only alcohol package we've ever used on RC.

Thanks.

Edited by d-e-h

Nobody who has been on the Jewel recently has any information about whether they have a wine package available or not? :(

After discussing it with my husband, we are definitely taking advantage of the two bottle carry on. We hope they have some sort of wine bottle package, but if they don't ... well RC is probably getting less cash from us re: wine than in the past.

You can order wine through Gift and Gear - this is available on all ships and all sailings. You can have the wine delivered to your cabin or to the dining room - whichever you prefer.

So while there is no 'wine packages' officially anymore, you can still get access to a package of wines of sorts.

We sailed on the Jewel in November and did take 2 bottles of wine on with us in San Juan.

We were also able to purchase a wine package in the Main Dining room. There was a 20%

discount on the first night and we paid $132.00 + gratuity ( 155.76) for a 5 bottle package. I believe there was also a package for 7 bottles. There was a choice of about 12

wines and you could change to a different wine at any time. You could drink it at dinner and they would hold any opened bottle for the next night or you could take it to your cabin.

I hope that this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

We are scheduled to sail on Jewel of the Seas very soon. After a bit of frustration about it being printed multiple places in the RC documentation to buy a wine package (by the bottle) beforehand yet not being able to find the stupid things anywhere in the Cruise Planner, I finally came here and found that the wine packages had been retired ... sort of.

So it sounds like there's no official wine packages anymore, but some ships have created their own.

Has anyone sailed on Jewel recently and seen their wine package offerings?

I'm even considering purchasing a 2 bottles of wine we know we like in San Juan and carrying onboard (we've never taken advantage of that allowance before). This whole up-in-the-air nature of the wine packages at the moment is rather annoying since it's the only alcohol package we've ever used on RC.

Thanks.

I phoned RC, we are also scheduled to sail Jewel of the Seas, was told wine package will still be available upon embarkation.