Family Suite Caribbean Princess

clfrank1031

Has anyone stayed in one of these suites? We're on the Dolphin Deck, near the front of the ship. Is the balcony completely exposed? Since it's the first balcony from the front, is there a constant headwind? Anything you can tell me about these suites would be helpful.

I was upgraded to the family suite on Star Princess, and it looks and sounds like it is very similar to that of Caribbean Princess. Yes, the balcony is completely exposed, both overhead and at the front. We had it in Alaska, so ot was too cold for me to stay outside long while the ship was moving as there was a good wind at all times. The upside of it, however, was that since there is no divider at the front of the balcony I could stand inside the sliding door and still get a great view while staying warm. Take care about what you set on the balcony tables or chairs while the ship is moving - our camera case blew off the small table and right under the divider to the balcony next door. Of course it was just out of reach, and at 6am we couldn't quite knock on our neighbor's door to get it. We did get it back though when we heard the room service guy knocking on the neighbor's door with their breakfast. The family suite was great for the room however.

Cathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

until European River Cruise on Viking Spirit

Archived