Board upgrade comments. Please use this thread only.

Old Gadge

I guess I should have said return key or enter key. :D

What time does the carriage return anyhow ?

I guess the term platen is from another planet as well.

Were is that Smith Corona anyway..lol

Sorry, Shoreguy, but I had to chuckle about this also.

But I bet you had a lot of younguns questioning their computer savvy while looking for it.:confused:

What will happen after the board upgrade will existing threads be saved? Will

our log on names be saved or will we all be reborn younger and more vigorous? For instanace will Shoreguy become Beachboy or Swimrgirl = Watrbaby, Goldryder becomes Gold"L"plateRyder and Old Gadge = Young Gadge what other names could be reborn?

kazunder40 now that has a nice ring, can't wait lol and hubby agrees

:D YIPPEE!!!! Well I finally found all the new bells, whistles and buttons.

I am doing the happy dance

:cool: To Cool To Cool

Sometimes these new gadgets have too many bells and whistles. Last time I got a cell phone, the guy started showing me phones with all kinds of do-dads. I ask him if he had something that rings and I said Hello. I don't want games, text messaging, and definitely, no camera. Sometimes I may have to call a proctologist and I sure don't want to see what he may be looking at.

OK, for those of us who aren't able to get any of the aforementioned bells and whistles, will there be any help from the board.

I have tried all of your suggestions, and this old Mac still refuses to see anything other than the new icons at the top of this reply box.

Please don't tell me it is the Mac - My son has been telling me for years that I need a PC.:p I really do think that this "Mac" is my personal computer!!

I have tried all of your suggestions, and this old Mac still refuses to see anything other than the new icons at the top of this reply box.

Shoreguy

That is were most of them are in the reply box

Fine - so where is the spell check???

I had already noted that I can see the others: ie: Bold, Italic, Underline, several paragraph selections, sizes, changes, Insert link,Remove Link, Insert eMail, Insert Image, Wrap #1, Wrap #2, Wrap HTML, Wrap w/tags.

That is the Only Change apparent on my computer, regardless of how high or low I look on this page.

Any other suggestions??:)

thid is a test...spell check didn't work. Where is it?

First you have to download it. Open a reply window. Click on ABC. A window should open telling you that you have to download it. Click on Yes, you do want to download it. That will open a window with about four choices of download sites. Click on one of them and when that site opens, download and install the spell checker. Once you have installed it, type something in the reply box and click on ABC. The checker should open and spell check your message.

Fine - so where is the spell check???

I had already noted that I can see the others: ie: Bold, Italic, Underline, several paragraph selections, sizes, changes, Insert link,Remove Link, Insert eMail, Insert Image, Wrap #1, Wrap #2, Wrap HTML, Wrap w/tags.

That is the Only Change apparent on my computer, regardless of how high or low I look on this page.

Any other suggestions??:)

If you are using IE as a browser it should show up as a little adc in the far upper right of the edit box. the spell check will only work with IE (Mircosoft Internet Explorer)

If you are using IE as a browser it should show up as a little adc in the far upper right of the edit box. the spell check will only work with IE (Mircosoft Internet Explorer)

Adc or Abc. I'm confused:confused: :confused:

Can't get the smilies, fonts, or spell check etc. to work..Someone on another board said you have to download spell check but don't know how to do this..Have clicked & clicked on all of these things & nothing works..Does anyone have any ideas, or do you think they are still up-dating the boards?Also my posts merge into one paragraph even though they are seperated into different ones? (This one is two, but will merge into one) (pretend this is a confused smilie) LOL

Can't get the smilies, fonts, or spell check etc. to work..Someone on another board said you have to download spell check but don't know how to do this..Have clicked & clicked on all of these things & nothing works..Does anyone have any ideas, or do you think they are still up-dating the boards?Also my posts merge into one paragraph even though they are seperated into different ones? (This one is two, but will merge into one) (pretend this is a confused smilie) LOL

Go to post 74 and try that. Then look at Marilynbn.....it worked for her.

I am using Safari - a Mac browser - so that answers question #1.

Guess I am out of luck - just have to spell correctly on my own!!

Thanks for all of the help!!

OH it works..Thanks again..Believe it or not I looked in that area 3 times before I spotted it..One little thing was not checked:o & now it works:) ..

One more thing..Can someone with experience tell me the best site to use to download iespell..Is this a free site?:confused:

All the ones listed are free. I just picked the first on the list. Took about a minute to download.

Let's see...my first time posting with the new board stuff. Let's see how I do. I downloaded spell check and it worked. And it looks like I have all the options that most everyone else has. So far, I haven't gotten any word from the board administrator about any tutorials for the new features but I'll keep an eye out.

I have not been able to log in using AOL. The same thing happened the last time CC upgraded. I have to switch to Internet Explorer if I want to log in so I can post, etc. Any words of wisdom as to how to fix the situation for AOL users? I forgot what did the trick last time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patti

Beth,

Since you seem to understand a lot about the improvements to this board I have a couple of questions for you:

1) is there a way to default our font/size/color to STAY on something rather than verdana/2pt./black?

2) I have an avatar I would like to use (because I am Sick and Tired of this picture of me) but when I tried to use it from the user CP it said it was too large. I thought you said this new program would automatically resize it. Help? Please?

Please keep in mind I am not the best at this stuff--I've learned what I know by playing on these boards!

Robin

PS I just downloaded and used the spell check for the first time. All I have to say is, AWESOME!

Archived