Dolphin Royal Swim questions before booking

Quiltin"Mom

We will be in Cozumel the end of April. We would love to do the dolphin swim. We are considering booking direct with Dolphin Discovery. They have 3 choices of swimming with the dolphins. I don't see a lot of difference except you get pushed on a boogie board vs. getting pushed on your feet. I really don't believe my daughter will be able to do the push on her feet. She is special needs and I don't think she would understand to keep her knees locked (I am assuming this is how it will work).

Maybe more time in the water with the dolphins on some of the packages? Any other big differences?

Anyway, can anyone tell me if the Royal swim package includes the food and drink?

I know we will have to arrange our own transportation to get there. What time would be a good time to book the swim for? I believe I have read that there has been some confusion on the time change? We would love to have some time before or after to enjoy the rest of the park.

Right now it looks like there is a 25% discount on their website. Does anyone know if there is a pattern to their sales. Will there be a better offer before April, or just take this discount?

THANKS!!!

I can't answer most of your questions but I did the royal dolphin swim at Chankanaab (it was cheaper and we had a large group who weren't doing the dolphin part)and yes she would need to be able to lock her legs out.

it was a great experience though and I'm sure you guys will love it!

• 1 month later...

So, I haven't booked this excursion yet. I think I am ready to book it.

Can anyone recommend a time to book it? I have heard there is sometimes confusion of "ship time" vs the local time.

I want to make sure we have enough time to get there and arrive early for the safety training, but don't want to be too late in the afternoon.

THANKS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is considering a dolphin encounter, you might first do a little research and see if you really want to support that type of activity. Just google "dolphin encounter cruelty".

It it current news that Sea World finally has a plan to end their Killer Whale shows and breeding program. But some of the captive dolphins have it far worse than Shamu. Just because the dolphins look cute, and it "appears" that they are smiling at you, it doesn't mean that they're happy.

If anyone is considering a dolphin encounter, you might first do a little research and see if you really want to support that type of activity. Just google "dolphin encounter cruelty".

It it current news that Sea World finally has a plan to end their Killer Whale shows and breeding program. But some of the captive dolphins have it far worse than Shamu. Just because the dolphins look cute, and it "appears" that they are smiling at you, it doesn't mean that they're happy.

Yeah my girlfriend and I were planning on booking one of these type of excursions on our upcoming cruise, but decided against it as well after doing some research on the topic.