Cake Pops

CrazyPartyOf4

I personally LOVE high-calorie low nutrition items. Mmm- sugar and fat! Yum. Those two things most often accompany excellent taste, and the lack of them often means lack of excellent taste (though not always).

However, I did not enjoy the strawberry cake pops. I'm not eating them just for the calories, as I'm not trying to sustain life on strawberry cake pops, so I stopped eating after one bite. Despite my love for high-calorie, low-nutrition items, Carnival's cake pops did not pass the test. Yuck.

Most of Carnival's desserts are like that for me- looks super pretty, isn't actually that good.

I agree with you skittl...... I love high calorie and sugar filled foods that taste great. But-----Carnival's desserts all look so delicious and are so disappointing in their taste. I am thankful, though, as I can easily refrain when I cruise Carnival.

I believe you are taking my remarks out of content. The post I was responding to inferred the reason some people don't like these items is due to the ship and how they are made.

I asserted the reason some people don't like them is because of nutritional content and personal choice. Again, some people like such things, but I don't.

If you feel I am on a "high horse" so be it.

I don't think anyone asking for an opinion on the quality of a dessert item would expect someone who doesn't even like sweets to answer. No one cares if you don't eat sweets, nor would they want your opinion on them.

I don't like sushi... if someone asked how the sushi onboard was would it be ok for me to respond with "it's disgusting, I don't understand how people can eat raw fish"?

I personally LOVE high-calorie low nutrition items. Mmm- sugar and fat! Yum. Those two things most often accompany excellent taste, and the lack of them often means lack of excellent taste (though not always).

However, I did not enjoy the strawberry cake pops. I'm not eating them just for the calories, as I'm not trying to sustain life on strawberry cake pops, so I stopped eating after one bite. Despite my love for high-calorie, low-nutrition items, Carnival's cake pops did not pass the test. Yuck.

Most of Carnival's desserts are like that for me- looks super pretty, isn't actually that good.

Skittl - ME TOO!!! I know I can't eat like that all the time.....but especially when I'm on vacation - move out of the way and let me have some good food!

...Most of Carnival's desserts are like that for me- looks super pretty, isn't actually that good.

I agree with you skittl...... I love high calorie and sugar filled foods that taste great. But-----Carnival's desserts all look so delicious and are so disappointing in their taste. I am thankful, though, as I can easily refrain when I cruise Carnival.

I feel the same way. (Hi, Nodogkisses!:)) There are a few MDR desserts that I really enjoy and that I hope still exist on the menu (Bitter & Blanc, Creme Brulee, Grand Marnier Souffle), but I'm not even tempted when I walk past all those pretty buffet desserts, anymore. So many of them are like some people that we've all met before: pretty on the outside and nasty on the inside:p.