Ocho Rios suggestions?

tiggerkaj

I am in research overload and needing some suggestions. I just booked a last minute cruise that leaves Sunday and one of our stops is Ocho Rios which we have never been to. We could go to Dunn River Falls for $45 through the cruise ship but typically I would book something outside the cruise line. My parents went to Dunn River Falls a long time ago so I know that is a stop I want to make. Tubing is another thing that interests me but not sure if this will allow us to see some of Jamaica if we did both. Looking through tours, there are so many options. Has anyone booked through Marks Tours and if so, can you provide me with details of what you did, costs, etc. If you had a good experience with someone else, I would love to hear that as well. TIA

We were there Feb.3 and used Excursions in Ocho Rios by Dwight Soares. I believe it was sixty dollars p/p, much cheaper than the ship. We had a blast, ages 15-67. Ask the driver to stop at Jerk Central for lunch, cheap and good.

Our driver was Wilie. Can't say enough about this outfit.

Enjoy!

Thanks Jayarr. I have emailed them with a couple of questions. Can you tell me if there was a big group that went with you on the tour or was it just your family? I was looking at the Best of Ocho Rios tour and we would prefer to go with a group.

Thanks.

Ok, thanks for your help. Hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.

I had contacted the other company I mentioned but unfortunately they were only going to Blue Hole and we have our heart set on at least going to Dunn River Falls. My parents had gone there a long time ago (they actually got married in Kingston) and I'm wanting to recreate a picture they took there.