Review of Escape Jan 30th sailing

bucade

Quick review of our fun filled cruise on Escape last week... yes embarkation was a little hectic but nothing that we could handle. So here is the rundown:

Cabin

We were in a balcony cabin #13724 which was forward starboard.Plenty of space for us three gals that always bring more than we should. Loved the drawers beneath the couch. Beds were pretty hard but being so tired at the end of the night didn't keep us from sleeping alright.

Food

First stop was Margaritaville when we boarded for margaritas, burgers and fries...they were great. There was quite a few people in there for lunch and walking by all week, it was always a good crowd in there enjoying the food. Also had lunch there after our morning in Tortola and tried the nachos and quesadilla. Both were very good. Worth the ala carte pricing and cheaper then if the three of us went to lunch somewhere here at home. Had dinner the first night at La Cucina, no problem getting a reservation as soon as we got on board. Very nice place with great service. Tried a couple different pasta options and I was obsessed with the bread and dipping oil. Didn't try any other specialty restaurants. Had dinner at all three MDRs, the Manhattan being our favorite since it was fun to watch couples dancing. OSheehan's was good as well.

Ship Overall/Entertainment

The ship was beautiful. True the smoke smell was a little much on deck 7 but really couldn't smell it on other decks. Loved the Atrium and all the fun shows they did there. Howl at the Moon was awesome, the three piano players were great and mingled on deck with people during the day. Saw Million Dollar Quartet and After Midnight. Both were fantastic and the singers and dancers were great. Little cold in the theater so take a sweater if you go. ;) Spent most of our sea days in Spice H2O. Never had a problem getting a chair with plenty of sun as long as we were there before 9. After 9, they were hard to come by. Definitely need more deck room for chairs all around. Could feel the ship moving for sure but not so bad that it made us sick. Others weren't so lucky as the first day we found someone had gotten sick in one of the shops but the crew was quick to clean it up.

Ports

Had fun in all three ports. First up was St Thomas and we went on an excursion to Abi Beach. Set sail on a fantastic pirate looking ship "Bones" with a great crew! Was there for a few hours just soaking up the sun and having some drinks. Next was Tortola. Didn't purchase an excursion which was not a problem since as soon as you get off the ship you can catch a little bus to the beach for $8 a person and come back whenever you want. We chose to go to Cane Garden Beach...so much fun with tons of beach bars and the ride there and back offers some great picture ops. Last stop was Nassau. We decided to get the day pass for $30 to Meliu Resort. Weather wasn't great and only day it wasn't sunny. Sat on the beach for a bit and then had lunch...didn't bother to ask how much the buffet was and was a bit surprised when we got the bill and found it was $110 for the three of us...for a buffet! It was good but not worth $30 a person. Oh well, our fault for not even asking.

Overall was a great trip. Still have decided I personally like Royal Caribbean better where as my mom likes Celebrity better but this was not a bad ship or trip at all.

Hi Bucade and thanks for the review. Just a few questions about the excursions. The Abi Beach?...Did y'all have to swim in or the ship lands on a dock? Cane Garden Beach crowded? Also Margaritaville was open when y'all just got on the ship? I assume only the buffet and maybe one MDR. I have the old UDP promo so it's supposed to be free but we will see in 3 weeks when I board. Thanks you for any replies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Bucade and thanks for the review. Just a few questions about the excursions. The Abi Beach?...Did y'all have to swim in or the ship lands on a dock? Cane Garden Beach crowded? Also Margaritaville was open when y'all just got on the ship? I assume only the buffet and maybe one MDR. I have the old UDP promo so it's supposed to be free but we will see in 3 weeks when I board. Thanks you for any replies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On Abi Beach they out us on a dingy from the ship and took us up to the beach. It was so fun! Cane Garden was a bit crowded but plenty of chairs. Of course they were $5 a piece but worth it. Yes Margaritaville was open when we got on the ship. The only time I saw it closed was dinner time. No it's not free anymore but it's pretty cheap and worth it

That sounds like a great plan to go to Margaritaville when you embark. I might just do that instead of getting annoyed at the Buffet.

Glad you had fun!

It was nice to just sit and not battle the crowds in OSheehans and the buffet.