Review / Millennium: Barcelona to Venice 9/19/05

Hi Susan, we're a group of 10 adults.....we too are from Ontario, Canada and are taking a cruise through the Greek Isles from/to Venice in May. Did you find that you had to have Kuna's in Croatia or did they take Euros?

Thanks,

Som

Hi Som,

There is an ATM just to the right of the Tourist Office in Dubrovnik (where the shuttle bus drops you off.) This area is close to the main gate of the Old Town, so you can get some Kuna's there before going into the Old Town.

Enjoy your cruise... should be fun with a group of 10 !

• 5 months later...
Livorno - 7am - 7 pm

We had planned to take the train in today, but one of Italy’s notorious transportation strikes was scheduled , so instead took Celebrity’s Florence on Your Own bus, at 8:15 and arrived in Florence at approx. 10 (at Santa Croce Church.)

How far in advance did you know that the transportation will be on strike? Did you know before you got off the ship or when you were in the train station? And if you found out before you got off the ship did the cruise line let you book a tour of Florence on the spot? I'm just curious, because we are planning the same thing next week and this would be my worst nightmare if they go on strike. I wouldn't want to take the taxi the last minute. I just couldn't imagine how much that would cost!

Thanks in advance for any info regarding the strike.

• 6 years later...

Archived