Renaissance FLL on Priceline

ustoo

I am booked in to the Renaissance on SE 17th street for a one night stay precruise. I got it for $80 on priceline but don't know much about it. Is this a good area and is there much do right around the hotel? We will be arriving at noon and won't be able to check in until 3pm.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The Renaissance is the best hotel in the best area in Fort Lauderdale for cruisers to stay in! Everything you could possibly want is right there, and you got an EXCELLENT price! The hotel is in a very safe area just outside the entrance to Port Everglades, 10 minutes from FLL. There are many many restaurants, shops, grocery, drug, liquor stores, as well as the Water Taxi all within easy walking distance.

Thanks TrentS

Your reply makes me feel much more comfortable since you know the area so well. I saw your advice on local restaurants which will also help. I have stayed in Miami a few times but this is my first time in FLL. It sure helps having a local expert willing to help.

We will be arriving at noon and won't be able to check in until 3pm.

I have yet to have any of the majors deny me early check-in. They sometimes don't have my room ready, but will take my bags and check me in, then deliver my bags to my room. So don't hesitate to check right in.

I have yet to have any of the majors deny me early check-in. They sometimes don't have my room ready, but will take my bags and check me in, then deliver my bags to my room. So don't hesitate to check right in.

Yeah, that's very true... You don't HAVE to wait until 3pm, most likely they'll have a room ready for you much earlier.

I am booked in to the Renaissance on SE 17th street for a one night stay precruise. I got it for $80 on priceline but don't know much about it. Is this a good area and is there much do right around the hotel? We will be arriving at noon and won't be able to check in until 3pm.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have never used Priceline but I need to book 2 rooms for Jan 2 Pre-cruise and keep reading about the deals. What did you put in to get the Renaissance? Thanks for the help!

I have never used Priceline but I need to book 2 rooms for Jan 2 Pre-cruise and keep reading about the deals. What did you put in to get the Renaissance? Thanks for the help!

With the Orange Bowl and New Years. I wouldnt wait too long to book a room. Not sure how successful you will be with Priceline. I doubt hotels will even need to use Priceline to fill there rooms during that time.

Good Luck

To realestatecruisers,

I booked a room with a reservation that I could cancel about 3-4 months ago but kept trying priceline once a week or so and was getting nothing. Last week I bid a 3 star downtown for $80 and was accepted and upgraded to the 4 star Renaissance. We are cruising in two weeks so it was only accepted about a month before and it is for one night midweek. I don't know if that means you have a better chance closer to the date but after reading the previous posts, I am very happy with my outcome. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice about checking in early. We'll give it a try.

I have a little different take on the Renaissance Hotel. Although the hotel is very nice and the staff helpful, I would not stay there again because the rooms do NOT have balconies like the other nice hotels in FLL. In fact, as I recall I don't remember the windows even opening for any ventillation. Like Trent said though, it is in a very desireable area.

• 4 weeks later...

I hit on Priceline for 2 rooms at Hyatt Pier 66 for $80 each, I am hoping all the hotel's remodeling issues are taken care of by June when I go-the rate is great, hope the hotel is too!!

SO Trent, who are you?? I keep seeing your name-you have lots of hotel info-are you a TA, or just well-infomed??

We stayed at the Renaissance a couple of nights pre-cruise, and liked it very much. It's more of business hotel than a resort, so it will not have the resort type amenities, but it was very comfortable (clean and new)and in a good location (also closest to port, I believe). For our purposes we definitely preferred it over the Marina Marriott or the Hyatt.

The 18th of November is the beginning of Thanksgiving week, the 18th of December is the beginning of Christmas week - Both VERY busy times down here. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas when daneyb got that great price is a bit of a slow time.

It was my first offer to. I normally shoot real low to see what they come back with as thier lowest possible price then try again alittle below that but the took it first try. Not being or have been down their I figured it was far from the port because of the area you have to choose on priceline to search covers alot, I was suprised to hear it was the closer of places to the port. If anyone is in my time frame I say just keep trying I am sure they will offer it again.

Archived