Assigned Checkin Times without completing checkin

eweiss1979

I noticed that the checkin process allows you to skip the first step and go straight to the assigned checkin step. I could then select a time slot and click save. I noticed after closing the browser and re-opening that it did remember the time slot I choose.

My question is, is my time slot now guaranteed or can it be still taken by someone else that completed the entire check-in process and printed out the boarding passes. We have some people in our group that are waiting to receive their passport and don't have a passport number to be able to complete the checkin number. But we want to get everyone under the same check in time.

I noticed that the checkin process allows you to skip the first step and go straight to the assigned checkin step. I could then select a time slot and click save. I noticed after closing the browser and re-opening that it did remember the time slot I choose.

My question is, is my time slot now guaranteed or can it be still taken by someone else that completed the entire check-in process and printed out the boarding passes. We have some people in our group that are waiting to receive their passport and don't have a passport number to be able to complete the checkin number. But we want to get everyone under the same check in time.

If you are worried about it, have them complete the check in process by selecting that they will use DL and BC. Then when they get their passport they can edit the check in info.

I'm not seeing where I select a check in time. If we have a suite to we get to pick a time or do we have a priority check in?

As a Suite guest, you have VIP check-in and Priority boarding. From what I understand though, you will still have to pick a time, but you can show up when you want because of your Priority status.

Not all ports have it yet. It's in Galveston and New Orleans I think. Maybe Miami too. Not yet in Port Canaveral but I believe it is being rolled out to each port.

Thanks for your reply Maggie! Vista will be sailing out of Miami when we go on her, but i guess they haven't started the staggered check in yet for that ship. I guess I will have to keep checking.

Cheers

Serena

Last October, I received an email about our upcoming cruise out of Port Canaveral in July. it said they would be going to stagger check in times. It had a link to go back to your checkin area and had a window to select your time. I picked 10:30. Not sure if this was a jump start on Carnival's part because all of their information says nothing about Port Canaveral moving to this procedure. It does not state anywhere on our online checking area that we have chosen this time nor is it anywhere on our boarding passes. We are in a suite so I don't know if that has any effect on not seeing the time we selected.:confused:

Manage my cruise: Once you have selected your check-in time (a 30-minute window) from the drop down menu online and saved before exiting, it is guaranteed. You do not have to complete the entire online checkin process. You can go back in later and enter your passport, travel details, set up a charge account, etc.