Shout Out to the Anthem Survivors....

BKNYChick

I couldn't resist sending a big shout to all the passengers and crew aboard the Anthem this past week -- which hobbled its way back to the Jersey port after taking a beating in the Atlantic Ocean.

I cannot imagine the moments of terror and concern when the ship was engaged in the epic battle and then the disappointment and frustration that may have settled in as the cruise journey was cut short...

It is during times of battle with nature that many people realize how powerful the atmosphere can be.... but as a native New Yorker, I couldnt help but swell with pride as the ship came back and although people were rightfully upset... so many took the experience with stride and appreciated being able to come home in one peice (God bless the souls of those who perished in that HORRIBLE encounter with an iceberg a few years ago). I sat there saying, "damn we are sooooo New Yawk!!!!" =D

I think RCCL did right by the passengers with a full refund and half off their next cruise... so with that I will say... if you dare venture back onto a ship again with RCCL --- TURN UUUUUUUUP!!!!!! you deserve it!!!!!!! I'm glad ya'll made it back safe!

Keep cruising.....