Need Water shoes for GSC ans Nassau?

takeadip

Although it can ruin a sexy beach look, I would strongly suggest a water shoe or sandal at every beach. While it may seem obvious to think about a rock, what about a piece of glass? A broken "spork" from the buffet lunch that is slightly covered by sand? What about a crushed plastic cocktail glass with rough edges? Even sharp shells or a very naturally disguised sting ray laying in the shallows? I 95% of the time wear them when I'm walking around. I don't want to risk an injury, the possible medical expenses related to it and a ruined cruise experience.

Edited by realcindylouwho

Contrary to what was said above, I found GSC to be very rocky. I have delicate feet and feel every pebble. I regretted not having my water shoes with me that day. No problems at the Florida beaches but the Coquina base at GSC was rough.

We haven't been to GSC in a few years, but when we're were last there we regretted not having water shoes. There was no problem on the beach but it was rocky in the water.

Edited by emcelh

Contrary to what was said above, I found GSC to be very rocky. I have delicate feet and feel every pebble. I regretted not having my water shoes with me that day. No problems at the Florida beaches but the Coquina base at GSC was rough.

I agree. We did not have water shoes last time we went to GSC and kind of wished we did. The beach itself may not be that rocky, but I found that in the water, there were lots of rocks. Plus I don't like the feel of the slimy rocks on my feet. I saw they had water shoes at Wal-Mart last spring for $5 per pair and I picked them up for the family. We brought them on our last cruise (no GSC) and wore them on a few excursions.