Adventure Ocean Question

Cruzden

Do you have to reserve a spot in AO for your child ahead of time? Also, do you have to drop them off when right when they open or can you simply drop them off (or pick them up) anytime during the hours they are open? I believe the kid's dinner at Johnny Rockets w/ the AO staff has to be booked ahead of time.

We are on the Eastern Mariner early November and really looking forward to it.

Thanks much!

When you first board, someone should come up to you if they see you with children and give you a flyer about AO. They have a meeting that evening in one of the lounges for the parents and kids. You can check them in or out anytime during the sessions. As for the dinner, you have to sign up at the pursers office either the day before or that day at noon.

We were on the Mariner in mid-September. When you 1st board, there is a desk with information about AO. There was an open house a few hours after the ship left Orlando. At the open house, you register your children. They will give you the times and details. Once we signed up our kids, we dropped them off whenever it worked into our schedule. For the Johnny Rockets night, you do need to pre-register by noon the day of the dinner.

Have fun. Our kids had a blast in "camp"

If you miss the open house the first night... do not fret.... you can register your child any time. You can register them when you drop them off for the first time. As for times to drop off... you will get a schedule of activites for the day... you can drop off and pick up at any time. Your child can go for specific activities or you can drop off for specific times ( meaning that you dont have to wait to drop off til a new activity begins). For the dinners at Johnny Rockets, you do have to sign up before noon on the day of the event at Adventure Ocean ( the counselors will have the sign up list when you check in). Do make sure that you sign up early if you really want to go... especially if there are a lot of children aboard. If you have an early excursion planned for that morning... talk to the Adventure Ocean staff the night before... they will either let you sign up late that night... or let you call in early the next morning.

You will have to visit a desk when you get on the ship that will attach colored wristbands to your kids. These are to ensure that your children get to the right muster station if they are not with you when an emergency occurs.

At this table they also have all the info for AO. As other posters have said, you can sign them up at any time (but I recommend at the first night "open house" because they get a gift and a tour of the facilities and you get to meet the staff)and you can drop them off or pick them up anytime during a session.

The sign-ups for dinners are usually at the AO front desk where you sign the kids in, so you won't miss them.

If you leave them at AO during a port day and do not pick them up by noon, they'll go to lunch with the counselors.

They'll have a great time & so will you!

Barb

I didn't see this mentioned in any of the previous posts. The last cruise we were on (Sovereign, July 2005), AO had made one change in the procedure. (Or, at least, I don't remember them doing this before.) Sometimes they take the kids out of the AO facility - to get an ice cream, for lunch, on 'Pirate Night', etc. You could NOT drop off or pick up your child during these times. They said it was for security reasons. I'm guessing they don't want to carry around the sheets to sign in/out. This was never a problem for me, just wanted to mention it.

I didn't see this mentioned in any of the previous posts. The last cruise we were on (Sovereign, July 2005), AO had made one change in the procedure. (Or, at least, I don't remember them doing this before.) Sometimes they take the kids out of the AO facility - to get an ice cream, for lunch, on 'Pirate Night', etc. You could NOT drop off or pick up your child during these times. They said it was for security reasons. I'm guessing they don't want to carry around the sheets to sign in/out. This was never a problem for me, just wanted to mention it.
I signed my kids out when they were at lunch on a port day, but that may be a little bit different from the scheduled trips they make for ice cream, parades and such. Also, I let them know ahead of time and there were not a lot of kids for them to keep track of. Barb

The one thing I remember reading on line that wasn't really spelled out correctly (or at least, IIII didn't get it!) was that there are SEVERAL nights where the staff takes the kids to dinner in Johnny's. Actually, on our ship, EOS (June), I'm almost sure there was that option very night but one. THe big nights that filled up - because they only take 15 from each age group - is formal nights. So check early and sign them up. The sign up sheet was at the checkin desk at A.O.

Oh, and when the A.O. takes your kids...there is NO charge or extra fee!

The one thing I remember reading on line that wasn't really spelled out correctly (or at least, IIII didn't get it!) was that there are SEVERAL nights where the staff takes the kids to dinner in Johnny's. Actually, on our ship, EOS (June), I'm almost sure there was that option very night but one. THe big nights that filled up - because they only take 15 from each age group - is formal nights. So check early and sign them up. The sign up sheet was at the checkin desk at A.O.

Oh, and when the A.O. takes your kids...there is NO charge or extra fee!

I thought I read that this only happened on formal nights? Yikes. I don't want them eating burgers every night.

I thought I read that this only happened on formal nights? Yikes. I don't want them eating burgers every night.

I was actually a little disappointed when 2 of the 3 "eat with AO" nights were the formal nights. My guys were excited to dress up and eat with us. That only left one AO dinner for them to go to.

I'm hoping on our Caribbean trip there will be a sea-day lunch with AO (or two!). They really enjoy it, it's easier for us, and we'll have plenty of time to spend with them.

Barb

Archived