Eden Rock or Sunset House?

WisCruiser2

We're looking to spend some time snorkeling & chilling out for several hours on Grand Cayman in a couple weeks -- is one place recommended over the other? We'll have our own equipment, just need some chairs for when we're not in the water. And, we would get food & drinks at either one, so would that be a deal-breaker? It looks like it's walkable to both, unless the traffic is such that it's not advised. Any help is appreciated!

i've done both and enjoyed them both. I like the atmosphere better at Sunset. The bar/restaurant area is awesome. Paradise is decent, and fun, but not nearly as nice of a "lounging" set-up. It's a restaurant so you would be sitting waterfront, but not in the sun. Sunset also has a pool. They are close to each other, with Sunset being a little farther down, but you are snorkeling in the same reef system. If you have the time and energy, walk to Sunset. If you get to Paradise and decide you are done walking, then stay there.

Good suggestion - thanks! We have no trouble walking the distance, I take it that it's not too bad walking along the road there? We don't spend all our time in the water, but don't want to be in the sun the whole time, either. Having a place to sit & read in between snorkels is great.

Good suggestion - thanks! We have no trouble walking the distance, I take it that it's not too bad walking along the road there? We don't spend all our time in the water, but don't want to be in the sun the whole time, either. Having a place to sit & read in between snorkels is great.

Then Sunset would be right up your alley. It's a really cool laid back type of place. The walk there is about a mile. Much of it is on sidewalk, but as you get closer to the resort the sidewalk disappears. Easy to walk along the side of the road, but just be aware of the drivers. We had no issues, but I know they can come through there at a pretty good clip. It's sort of a residential area once you get just out of town. We felt safe and the only problem was that it was hot and wished we'd have some water with us. (I'm from WI too!!)

• 2 weeks later...