Celebrity Infinity, Pacific Coastal, 11 May 2016

Pat&Paul

Hello everyone! Anyone else sailing on the Infinity out of San Diego on 11 May 2016. This should be a fun time, great time of year to cruise the Pacific Coast. I look forward to hearing from you if you are going to be sailing with us.

Pat (and Paul)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Pat & Paul, we're Steve and Simon from the U.K. Really looking forward to the Pacific coastal cruise next month and exploring more of the States. Should be a fab cruise......need to fast for the next four weeks to ensure we reach the break even point on the scales at the end! Can't wait to visit San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver. Would love to meet up for a glass or two. Have you booked any trips as yet?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Pat & Paul, we're Steve and Simon from the U.K. Really looking forward to the Pacific coastal cruise next month and exploring more of the States. Should be a fab cruise......need to fast for the next four weeks to ensure we reach the break even point on the scales at the end! Can't wait to visit San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver. Would love to meet up for a glass or two. Have you booked any trips as yet?

Sorry I missed this guys. No excursions booked yet, we are kind of 'going with the flow' as us Yanks say. See what happens. Would love a pint / glass or two! We are on deck three, OV cabin, you guys?

Pat (& Paul)

We're both getting more excited with each hour that passes. Last night in work to tomorrow for two and a half weeks. Yippee! We fly out on Monday and are staying over in San Diego prior to the big sail away. I'll get the captain to dip his wing when we get to the states! :-) Will hold you both to that drink too. When does your vacation start? Are you having to fly into San Diego too? We haven't gone mad with trips this year either by the way and intend to play things a lot by ear too. Only booked two Celebrity trips and intend to do our own thing pretty much the rest of the time. Everywhere looks quite foot friendly. We also spotted an LGBT San Francisco brass band advertising some revue on Facebook whilst we're there too so booked two tickets (freedom band, Broadway Brass or something). It's a charity thing and the band look very talented. Should be a good laugh and right up our street. We're on deck six and have booked a balcony cabin. Looks nice. In the words of the pointer sisters 'I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it!' Let the good times roll. See you on board.

When does your vacation start? Are you having to fly into San Diego too?

We work up through the 10th so our vacation really starts on the 11th, sail away day. We fly into San Diego that morning, departing Sonoma County (about an hour north of San Francisco) around 10AM for the hour and 45 minute flight to San Diego. We don't even have to go to San Francisco to fly this time. The airport is only 30 min drive from our home.

Did you guys book with a group? We did, a gay group. Not sure what they have planned for the group though.

Pat (& Paul)

The "out of office" and extended voicemail greeting have now been activated. What a brilliant feeling. I bet you can't wait to do the same? A two day working week is still quite good in my book though :-) At least you haven't got too far to travel on Wed. I must admit, I'm not exactly relishing the idea of a 14 hours flight. It's bit planes, trains and automobiles for us (home to Manchester to London to San Diego.....yuk). Still, lots of books and movies to while away the hours. We booked everything directly with Celebrity themselves this year. When you say a gay group, do you mean you booked for a gay travel agent or are you going with a bunch of friends? I think celebrity usually do a LGB mingle gathering so would be good to meet up there if you fancy for that drink?

The "out of office" and extended voicemail greeting have now been activated. What a brilliant feeling. I bet you can't wait to do the same? A two day working week is still quite good in my book though :-) At least you haven't got too far to travel on Wed. I must admit, I'm not exactly relishing the idea of a 14 hours flight. It's bit planes, trains and automobiles for us (home to Manchester to London to San Diego.....yuk). Still, lots of books and movies to while away the hours. We booked everything directly with Celebrity themselves this year. When you say a gay group, do you mean you booked for a gay travel agent or are you going with a bunch of friends? I think celebrity usually do a LGB mingle gathering so would be good to meet up there if you fancy for that drink?

We are booked with a gay travel agent that runs specific gay cruises. In this case, a Bear group cruise. I can't quote the specific website due to cruise critic rules, but if you google bear cruise you will find it quickly. We haven't done a gay group cruise in a long time, like 15 years so it could be interesting. Regardless, we are certainly up for meeting for a beverage with you blokes. What dining do you have? We are late dining with the group, but will likely take in at least one night at Tuscan Grill.

Email me if you like (bear95446 at gmail dot com) quicker communication really.

Pat (& Paul)

Fab, I've taken a note of your email and will drop you a line when we're both stateside. We're on anytime dining and agree that it would be nice to try some of the other options as the mood dictates. All packed and ready to go! Lovely weather over here at the moment so going to take advantage of a nice walk / sit in the garden.