Meaning of Letter Suffixes

rsquare

We're mulling over the 5 November westbound TA, and have noticed that Cunard designates it as M625N. Oh, thought I, it is probably one of those trips that start in Hamburg, and the letter codes the Soton-NY portion. But no, it originates in the UK. Does anyone have any idea what the N suffix stands for (or indeed any other suffixes [suffices?] that Cunard uses - I've also seen A, B, C and D).

Incidentally, if you search for plain vanilla M625 on Cunard.com, you'll be told that it doesn't exist; you need the N to get it to show in the list of crossings.

We're mulling over the 5 November westbound TA, and have noticed that Cunard designates it as M625N. Oh, thought I, it is probably one of those trips that start in Hamburg, and the letter codes the Soton-NY portion. But no, it originates in the UK. Does anyone have any idea what the N suffix stands for (or indeed any other suffixes [suffices?] that Cunard uses - I've also seen A, B, C and D).

Incidentally, if you search for plain vanilla M625 on Cunard.com, you'll be told that it doesn't exist; you need the N to get it to show in the list of crossings.

Sometimes if one cruise is up of a number cruises. The main cruise will a letter after it . The subcruises will have a similiar number with a different letter after.

Edited by Kamloops50