Private Cocktail Party

shofer

Has anyone been able to arrange a private cocktail party with hors'doerves that was not in their cabin? We are going to be a party of 8 and would like to this for our group but we have a standard balcony cabin. My husband was wondering if we can arrange for a private space on board for a short time to host this for our group.

It depends on the ship. See the Hotel Manager as soon as you board. Have a list of who is to come and pick two or three best times. You may be able to take over part of a bar that is not used much during the day. I do not know what the charge would be for this. Good luck.

Our was for 20 people and it was on Princess, we use the Vista Lounge at 10 AM for an hour. It had to be in the morning so as not to ruin anyone's time in the afternoon. It was on the first sea day. The bill was covered by the head of the group. We had cold o'derbs and drinks.

Has anyone been able to arrange a private cocktail party with hors'doerves that was not in their cabin? We are going to be a party of 8 and would like to this for our group but we have a standard balcony cabin. My husband was wondering if we can arrange for a private space on board for a short time to host this for our group.

Ask your travel agent to ararnge this. There are two kinds of cocktail parties, dry snacks or hot hors'doerves. I think price is about $15.00 per person.

Since it is only 8 people you might want to just go to a corner in a public room and put some tables together.

You may be better served - using the sushi bar area.

As they have the food already there.

Find a corner table.

The waiter is there and you just run a tab to one room.

That's a great idea, however, I think the key word (and telling word) in the OP is 'Private'.

That's a great idea, however, I think the key word (and telling word) in the OP is 'Private'.

Talk to the mater'd or waiter in the area. I'm sure that for a nominal fee.

You could put some chairs about to seperate your area from others just coming by. They can ever put us a small - private party sign.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. We are looking for a small area just for us prior to dinner, might be hard to find. Still waiting for the TA to get back to me. I guess next time we are just going to have to get a suite.

We had our own little "wine tasteing" with approx. 10-15 fellow pax. Our suite became a little crowded so we moved it to a little, corner area of one of the lounges. We had asked our butler for cheese, crackers, grapes and such. He helped with the complete set up of proper glasses for reds, whites and sparkling. He supplied the plates, napkins, champange coolers...everything. Of course the fact that we tipped him extra, upfront probably helped the situation. It was very nice. Just another reason we love Celebrity.

We had our own little "wine tasteing" with approx. 10-15 fellow pax. Our suite became a little crowded so we moved it to a little, corner area of one of the lounges. We had asked our butler for cheese, crackers, grapes and such. He helped with the complete set up of proper glasses for reds, whites and sparkling. He supplied the plates, napkins, champange coolers...everything. Of course the fact that we tipped him extra, upfront probably helped the situation. It was very nice. Just another reason we love Celebrity.

Yes. One of the little extras they will help you with.

We had our group of 9 in our cabin - aft cabin with the large veranda - every night of our last cruise. They supplied extra canapes and glasses.

I would get sushi and we had brought on extra drinks and champagne - which was sitting in the bucket every night.

Yes. The little extras. :D

Well, these are all great ideas if we had a larger cabin or a butler which we won't. But the TA did get back to me and the deal is this: Minimum 15 people, $15/pp for 1 hr open bar, 8$/pp for hors'doerves in one of the lounges for 1 hour prior to dinner. So we are investigating maybe upgrading to a suite if any become available. Once Hubby gets an idea in his head, it's hard to dislodge it!

Archived