best cat trips

joshuakids

• 2 weeks later...
OCruisers...so this the one through Carnival?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ours have always been through Princess ... but it was offered by Celebrity when we had a port stop in St. Thomas with them.

It's a popular excursion so a variation of it is most likely offered by most cruise lines.

The only time we have had a post stop in St. Thomas on Carnival, we took a "schooner" sail which was fun but I can't remember the name of it.

LuLu

Thanks Lulu! We have never booked an excursion through the ship but I'm truly thinking about this one through Carnival. Found some other threads on it. :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Look up Tribal Day Sails, while I haven't yet sailed with them (next week!) they have great reviews.

I've emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. Do you know what the cost is for 3 and 5 hour sails?

Thanks.

We have done day sails in St. Thomas with Nightwind, New Horizons & we just went with Tribal Day Sails in February. They were all good but Tribal was my favorite.

They only take out six people so our group of six had the boat to ourselves.

Captain Rick is very knowledgable & is a hoot! He customized the day to make it what we wanted. My friend loves sea turtles & he took us to a great place to swim with turtles. He gave some great pointers on snorkeling that we had not heard before.

Drinks were amazing & they served snacks of cheese & crackers & pretzels on the half day 31/2 hour sail.

It was well worth the money!

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to get to Tribal? I rec'd an email from them and it says they pick up in Krum Bay. Any idea if that is walking distance from Havensight or how much a taxi would be?

Does anyone know how to get to Tribal? I rec'd an email from them and it says they pick up in Krum Bay. Any idea if that is walking distance from Havensight or how much a taxi would be?

Not walking distance from Havensight. It is walking distance from Crown bay. Apparently no one who lives there has a clue what Krum bay is.

After our adventure of finding it I made a map from Crown bay and shared it with Tribal so they could give it to future passengers.

Tribal-Day-Sails.jpg.aee4f458e836ad828d71437fb25edbba.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=384899&stc=1&d=1462800373

Not walking distance from Havensight. It is walking distance from Crown bay. Apparently no one who lives there has a clue what Krum bay is.

After our adventure of finding it I made a map from Crown bay and shared it with Tribal so they could give it to future passengers.

[ATTACH]384899[/ATTACH]

Thank you so much. I just printed it and will make sure to take with us. How did you like Tribal? Anything you recommend?

I've emailed them, but haven't heard back yet. Do you know what the cost is for 3 and 5 hour sails?

Thanks.

Pretty sure price was around ~$110 each for a 5 hour, we didn't have any special request (other than a suggestion for the type of vodka we preferred :D). Well worth it. Bring some extra for a tip.. you will want to tip these guys when it's all said and done they provided an awesome day and worked hard.

Thank you so much. I just printed it and will make sure to take with us. How did you like Tribal? Anything you recommend?

They do take requests as far as preference of booze/beer/refreshments within reason (will up-charge if you want something really special). They took us to two snorkeling spots and while I'm not an avid snorkeler it was the best I've done... tons of fish, very brave turtles and stingrays that you could get within a few feet of.

Take sunblock... ride in the netting on the side of the boat if you like an adventure. Probably would suggest eating a decent breakfast as it will be a couple of hours before they break out the snacks. Bring some sort of zipped bag to keep your belongings, they will be put below deck and you don't want things spilling all over the place.

Follow the map... we had no map and DW was freaking out a little because it looked like we were walking to an abandoned industrial area. But we found it!

I might be able to pm or email you a larger version of that map. It shows up really small on here.

Thanks for the info. We are definitely booking with them just waiting to see if anyone else from our roll call wants to go. So looking forward to swimming with the turtles!!!!

Awesome. I just noticed a message in another board that you will be doing this with your two boys... they will love it. Its definitely a more personal sailing with a max of 6 people and what it is really depends on what you make it.

With that being said... my wife doesn't snorkel but enjoys sun, relaxing and having a few drinks. I enjoy snorkeling and sun/drinks/relaxing... You may want to try to be selective on who you have join your group as it's pretty much open bar the entire 5 hours and some people might not be able to hold it together :rolleyes:

We were with one other couple and a single lady... they were all very nice people and we enjoyed our time with them. I doubt you will have any issues especially if you are trying to get people from your roll call to join.... no bad people on CC :D

Awesome. I just noticed a message in another board that you will be doing this with your two boys... they will love it. Its definitely a more personal sailing with a max of 6 people and what it is really depends on what you make it.

With that being said... my wife doesn't snorkel but enjoys sun, relaxing and having a few drinks. I enjoy snorkeling and sun/drinks/relaxing... You may want to try to be selective on who you have join your group as it's pretty much open bar the entire 5 hours and some people might not be able to hold it together :rolleyes:

We were with one other couple and a single lady... they were all very nice people and we enjoyed our time with them. I doubt you will have any issues especially if you are trying to get people from your roll call to join.... no bad people on CC :D

Thanks for the warning ;) I have 1 couple that wants to go for sure, but we are waiting to see if another group wants to join in. They do take up to 12 on what they call a barefoot cruise, same thing just deposit is different process. I didn't think about the drinking with strangers till now, THANKS :eek: But I'm sure we will be fine. I know I wanna spend my time snorkeling, not getting tanked...Saving that for the ship :D

• 1 month later...

[ATTACH]384899[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the info and map - I think we are going to book with them. How long would it take to walk from Crown bay? 5-10 min?

Any specific things we should take besides the basics (towel, rash guard shirts, hats, sunscreen?)