Post Cruise Vertigo

Dizzy Dani

I am new to your board and wasn't quite sure where to post my question, this was the only health related board I could find.

I am 17 days off my last cruise and for the 2nd time in a row I have severe vertigo coming on 3 days post cruise and hasn't let up. Has this happened to anyone else? Yes, I went to the doctor and am on antibiotics. Husband is saying we can't cruise anymore if this is going to happen every time :(

I do have a sensitivity to motion, but I wore the patch and am just fine *on* the cruise, it's just after we get home that is the problem. Any advice is welcome.

Oh yes yes, I can relate! Are you prone to ears hurting when you travel by airplane? Could be a problem with inner ear that the doc cannot see. I had such vertigo my first cruise. It was just like being on the ship for crying out loud. The only thing I can tell you is every cruise it got better and better to where I only have it for a day after...not near as severe as the first one for sure. If it continues I would perhaps talk to your doc about ear problems. My dad cannot fly at all because of terrible ear problems. Eras have a lot to do with balance. Worth a talk with the doc.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this too. I also have it after I have been on a plane. It is not fun. My last cruise it took 2 months to go away. :( Do a Google search for Mal Disembarkation Syndrome. I found a lot of good info.

I refuse to give up cruising :)