Single and 1st time Cruising . . .

BlueEyesInNYC

have concerns about the "meat market" aspect of anything designated "Singles" but wasn't sure if that was a valid concern.

I truly am interested in the Windjammer experience, but as I mentioned, this is a first time for me.

I'm not opposed to meeting new people, just really prefer to avoid the "single girl at the dance" scenario.

Blue

You're young....if you just roam the ship, I'm sure you'll hook up with singles that want to hang out. My girlfriend & I went on a cruise once and asked that we be put at a dinner table with singles and we met two gay guys and a newly hooked up couple and two other girls. The two girls didn't proove to be fun but we had a blast with the guys and the single couple. We just planned excursions together and met up at different shows etc.

jan

have concerns about the "meat market" aspect of anything designated "Singles" but wasn't sure if that was a valid concern.

I truly am interested in the Windjammer experience, but as I mentioned, this is a first time for me.

I'm not opposed to meeting new people, just really prefer to avoid the "single girl at the dance" scenario.

Blue

I'm now single. I have always cruised as part of a couple. As I understand it, Windjammer's singles cruise is designed for unmarried people. If there's romance, great, but that's not the only point so you should be able to avoid the meat market aspects you are concerned about. I have never cruised Windjammer. I have sailed past their beautiful ships but don't think it's the cruise for me.

Have you thought about asking this on the Windjammer board?

Archived