Parking Reservations for Cruise

lonewolf739

Hello! If you are making reservations online for parking (specifically Fulton Place) how far in advance would you want to make your reservations? We are currently 8 months out, is there a such thing as making the reservations too early? I am always worried that I will wait too long and there won't be availability.

Hello! If you are making reservations online for parking (specifically Fulton Place) how far in advance would you want to make your reservations? We are currently 8 months out, is there a such thing as making the reservations too early? I am always worried that I will wait too long and there won't be availability.

I don't think you have to worry about it filling up. When I went in the middle of summer the garage was maybe 3/4 full. When I went in early September it was less than half full. I'm checking in there on Monday and I made my reservation 3 weeks ago.

Edited by Saint Greg

• 1 month later...
I don't think you have to worry about it filling up. When I went in the middle of summer the garage was maybe 3/4 full. When I went in early September it was less than half full. I'm checking in there on Monday and I made my reservation 3 weeks ago.

If you book through Fulton and get the "covered" option, it saves about $42 for the week compared to parking at the port. However, it is expected to tip the porters or shuttle drivers, right? Once you do that, the savings isn't very much. I am trying to make a decision for my upcoming cruise as well.

Thanks!

If you book through Fulton and get the "covered" option, it saves about $42 for the week compared to parking at the port. However, it is expected to tip the porters or shuttle drivers, right? Once you do that, the savings isn't very much. I am trying to make a decision for my upcoming cruise as well.

Thanks!

I've only parked at Fulton....so I'm not sure what it's like parking at the port. Do you not give your bags to a porter if you park at the port? I think most give the shuttle driver a buck or two and the porter about $5.

We are departing New Orleans for a cruise 4/30 for 5 nights. The Fulton st. Garage is showing me rates as high as the port. Is something special going on there to double rates

JazzFest is 4/22-5/1....but I'm seeing Fulton as $10/day covered

b60a681a8e8e4a023ff2513e9adb0a9f.jpg

We are departing New Orleans for a cruise 4/30 for 5 nights. The Fulton st. Garage is showing me rates as high as the port. Is something special going on there to double rates

Any chance you picked hotel parking instead of cruise? I'm getting $60 for 5 nights cruise...$80 for 5 nights hotel.