RCCL Anthem of the Seas

CruiserTB

My daughter is just starting her wedding plans. I suggested a cruise, but she thinks a lot of friends won't be able to attend. After reading these posts, I see there's options! Can you all give me details? Someone mentioned a reception in port, so non cruisers could attend. They allow this? We're not too far from Bayonne. She wants about 80 guests...aside from the cruise fairs, can someone give me a ballpark figure?

She and I both love cruising. We'll be on Anthem June 2!! (Her FH also likes cruising!) Thanks for any help, and congrats to all you future brides!!

I'm getting married on the Celebrity Summit in 24 days in Bayonne. I can give you my figures for that - which might vary from what they are offering these days on Royal, but it should be able to give you some ideas.

We have 116 guests, 44 of which are sailing. It's a little different than a traditional wedding in that a lot of the numbers have to be in in advance. I sent out my invites in January, gave folks a month to reply, and chased down the last of the RSVPs March 1st - all of your guest information has to be in 45 days prior to sailing.

As soon as I decided on my date, I had to put down $3000 to hold the ceremony (essentially paying for the ceremony in advance). I did not have to make any final decisions (cake, flowers, dj, etc) until 45 days prior. I am doing a luncheon, with no DJ. I am only using the ship's photographer for one hour. Packages do not include photos. I am doing a restaurant buying on the summit for my reception, which is costing $55/head.

All in, with upgraded flowers, use of a microphone during the ceremony and the reception, with the luncheon and all of the extra stuff we are buying, our total cost is about $13K, not including the cost of the cruise, which if you compare that to a traditional wedding is pretty reasonable. If I wanted a DJ it would have been $300 added on. If i wanted cake and champagne toast added on, it would have been another $11/pp which I didn't want to spend - the per head package i got includes dessert and alcohol so it didn't seem necessary to me.

The basic gist is this - all of my guests need to be at the pier by 10:30, so I put 10am on the invite. The per day price to park is Bayonne is $7 if you are just going for the afternoon. They guests need to be off the ship by 3. So all of my non sailing guest will leave, and the rest of us will sail away.

It's kind of the perfect thing for us.

We will let you know how everything goes upon our return, but feel free to ask any questions and I'll be happy to answer if I can. :)

Thanks Mona, that sounds like such a nice wedding. Are you having any music, like bringing your own somehow?

They are providing a hookup and speakers for me to attach my own device, and I plan on doing a Spotify playlist that I will download to my iPad and have running during the reception.

They allow you to bring music for the ceremony - and can have music playing for processional, recessional, and during the ceremony. They also provide non denominational clergy for you if you so choose - but we are having our own rabbi attend and do the ceremony for us.

Also of note: They require you to use the ship's photographer, and one hour is included in the fee, but you are not required to buy their pictures. you are technically not supposed to bring your own photographer... but if a friend happens to have a good camera, they are not going to stop them either. I have a good friend who is actually going to be cruising with us who is a semi-pro photographer, so she is going to do the bulk of my pictures for me, with the added bonus that she is going to be taking pictures of us all week.

They also have a friend who will do pictures. They're trying to save money. What type of food/alcohol package is there when you buy out the restaurant?

I know the packages are different on royal caribbean - but for the summit it includes a luncheon which is appetizer, main dish and dessert, as well as the classic beverage package for 2 hours - it's usually 3 hours but since we are in port and the guests need to leave the ship, the time is truncated.

Ceremony is at 12:30.

Luncheon is at 1.

Guests need to leave the ship at 3.

I assume they'll want to do their own music/playlist, but I'm concerned with no one MCing the event. (People my age want to do the electric slide and all the corny stuff. Lol) And someone to announce the bride /groom, father/daughter dances etc. Can that be done somehow without a dj?

They provide up to 2 rooms for the bride and groom to get ready in - so they cn get ready seperately. All other guests need to arrive in full makeup.

You can probably assign someone to MC - for me, none of that was important, so that's why we opted for no DJ. You can certainly add one on - the cost was not terribly high.

I'm booked July 15, 2017 is the wedding date. We'll be getting married on embarkation day ad expect approximately 100 guests with a little over 50% sailing. I have my wedding planner contacting Royal to get all the details and I will share here as soon as she gets back to me. :D

I'm booked July 15, 2017 is the wedding date. We'll be getting married on embarkation day ad expect approximately 100 guests with a little over 50% sailing. I have my wedding planner contacting Royal to get all the details and I will share here as soon as she gets back to me. :D

OMGosh! Awesome...I have submitted my paperwork and am waiting for confirmation. Somehow I knew we'd be looking at the same week. God willing I will receive confirmation soon on my preference. How long did it take for royal to approve your contract? We have the rooms blocked for my group and my room is reserved. Just waiting on approval for everything else to fall into place. :D:D So excited for you, Congratulations now let the planning begin!!!!

They provide up to 2 rooms for the bride and groom to get ready in - so they cn get ready seperately. All other guests need to arrive in full makeup.

You can probably assign someone to MC - for me, none of that was important, so that's why we opted for no DJ. You can certainly add one on - the cost was not terribly high.

Just to be clear the "rooms" they provide are your own cabins, typically ;-) (and mine wasn't ready and they tried to kick me out HAHAHA that was classic).

As for the "DJ" i hired one and he truly wasn't worth it...save your money and do a preset playlist off a ipod and when people hear the electric slide, they'll know what to do on their own :-)

Congrats! Please report back...I need as many details as possible!

Were the arrangements real flowers?

When I got married, the flowers for me and my girls/guys were all real. The flowers used in the chapel were fake, but honestly, you can't tell. I had to go up and touch the ones in the photo to know they were fake (to my untrained eye they looked good).

I appreciate you taking the time to share pictures and commentary. I am definitely looking forward to the experience and just wish the dates would come out already! :D

Do you have your wedding/sail date picked out already Charsettb? Share the good news now that dates are out! :-)

Do you have your wedding/sail date picked out already Charsettb? Share the good news now that dates are out! :-)

Sailing date 7/15/2017 Anthem of the Seas, however I have requested ceremony on an at sea day. Waiting for contract to be approved, however my TA and I have secured my room bookings/with deposit. Just waiting for other things to fall into place. :D and hopefully they will soon.

Sailing date 7/15/2017 Anthem of the Seas, however I have requested ceremony on an at sea day. Waiting for contract to be approved, however my TA and I have secured my room bookings/with deposit. Just waiting for other things to fall into place. :D and hopefully they will soon.

So both you and cruiserTB are getting married on the same sailing?? How funny!

Mine was done in that order as well. I had people booked before the wedding was booked. For me, the wedding was an afterthought as we originally planned on a May wedding, but ended up doing a december one instead :-)

Mine was done in that order as well. I had people booked before the wedding was booked. For me, the wedding was an afterthought as we originally planned on a May wedding, but ended up doing a december one instead :-)

It is funny, that is if they can accommodate my date request! Fingers crossed. I originally wanted May or June, but July worked better for a few schedules so back in Feb I decided to move to July. Honestly, if my TA hadn't suggested it I wouldn't have been aware that there was such a thing. Anticipation is growing daily and everyone (besides his grandmother and my mother) is extremely excited.

I know it has been a couple of years for you, however how long did it take for them to approve your contract?

It is funny, that is if they can accommodate my date request! Fingers crossed. I originally wanted May or June, but July worked better for a few schedules so back in Feb I decided to move to July. Honestly, if my TA hadn't suggested it I wouldn't have been aware that there was such a thing. Anticipation is growing daily and everyone (besides his grandmother and my mother) is extremely excited.

I know it has been a couple of years for you, however how long did it take for them to approve your contract?

No it didn't. I had to put down the 3k and then was pretty much a go. lol What are you waiting on approval for, did you pay the 3k already?

No it didn't. I had to put down the 3k and then was pretty much a go. lol What are you waiting on approval for, did you pay the 3k already?

The process in the contract noted once approved by the Director (I am guessing determining availability/capacity for wedding on a specific sailing) you will be invoiced, at which point we would pay.

Well I am happy to say, I am confirmed and on the books! Come on 7/16/2017!!!

OMGosh! Awesome...I have submitted my paperwork and am waiting for confirmation. Somehow I knew we'd be looking at the same week. God willing I will receive confirmation soon on my preference. How long did it take for royal to approve your contract? We have the rooms blocked for my group and my room is reserved. Just waiting on approval for everything else to fall into place. :D:D So excited for you, Congratulations now let the planning begin!!!!

No, I just booked the room. My wedding planner is getting the details in order for us to book the actual ceremony. We're getting married embarkation day.:D

The process in the contract noted once approved by the Director (I am guessing determining availability/capacity for wedding on a specific sailing) you will be invoiced, at which point we would pay.

Well I am happy to say, I am confirmed and on the books! Come on 7/16/2017!!!

Congrats. I'll be the day before you.:D