Montego Bay All Inclusives

jltpeke

We are trying to decide on an AI in Montego Bay. When we get off the ship, I know there will be people there selling tours. Will anyone be selling AI spots for that day from the port. Do you know if they are less expensive than booking through the ship or resortforaday.com? Thanks in advance!

Yeah, we had the whole family with us and didn't want to spend $100 pp for AI either so we did Doctor's Cave Beach. We liked it a lot. Great food and drinks as well and not too expensive. It would have been a waste of money if we did AI.... for us. If it was just my wife and I, we would do either Secrets or Hilton Rose Hall.

Yeah, we had the whole family with us and didn't want to spend $100 pp for AI either so we did Doctor's Cave Beach. We liked it a lot. Great food and drinks as well and not too expensive. It would have been a waste of money if we did AI.... for us. If it was just my wife and I, we would do either Secrets or Hilton Rose Hall.

Did you take a cab from the port? We're there a lot of people selling stuff on the beach?

• 4 weeks later...

I did a lot of research about Montego Bay. We had never been to Jamaica and I really wanted to get off the ship. I decided to hire a private tour guide before we arrived. I searched cruise critic and trip advisor and decided to go with PPP tours. They had excellent reviews and I figured we could decide where to go once we arrived. Donavan picked us up at the cruise terminal and we discussed our options. With 2 ships in MB, 2 in Falmouth and 2 in Ocho Rios we decided the blue hole would be too crowded. Donavan suggested Negril. We figured Dr Caves beach would also be crowded. The drive was an hour but it went down the coast and through a few small towns. We decided this sounded good as we wanted to do some sightseeing and go to the beach. Donavan told us all about living in Jamaica the history and answered all of our questions. We arrived in Negril and Donavan took us to a small beach hotel called The boardwalk. It was next door to Sandals and when we walked out to the beach it was beautiful. We were the first people to arrive and had our choice of beach chairs. There was a restaurant and bar and a water trampoline in the ocean. There was no charge for the trampoline or to use the facilities. We had a waitress that brought our drinks and food and we relaxed on the beach all day. My son made friends with the lifeguard that worked for the resort. They played soccer and he took my son out and snorkeled and jumped on the trampoline with him. They did flips and my son had the best time. The lifeguard was so nice to him and my son did not want to leave. I think the life guard had as much fun as my son. They had a trap with fresh lobster and we picked out lobster and they grilled it for us right on the beach. Everyone was so nice and the facilities were very nice. Donavan stayed at the restaurant all day until we were ready to leave. He drove us back and dropped us off at the port. Donavan was so nice and we really enjoyed visiting and talking to him on the trip to and from Negril. We all had a great day and I will return to the boardwalk if I am ever back in Jamaica. The beaches in Negril are beautiful and were not crowded and I am so glad we went.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would love some more information on the trip you took with ppp tours in Jamaica. How much was the driver for the day? Are there chairs and umbrella for rent, cost? Are there waitors to bring food and drinks to you? If you have any photos you would be willing to share that would be great. Many thanks!

I would love some more information on the trip you took with ppp tours in Jamaica. How much was the driver for the day? Are there chairs and umbrella for rent, cost? Are there waitors to bring food and drinks to you? If you have any photos you would be willing to share that would be great. Many thanks!

He charged us $35 pp and was willing to take us anywhere we wanted to go. There were chairs and they were free. They were wood and they had cushions for rent for $5. They had umbrellas but I don't know how much they were. I think maybe $8. We were the first ones there so we got in the shade and didn't need the umbrellas. They had waiters that brought you food and drinks to the beach. We opened a tab and paid with cash when we left.

Thank you very much! We went to Drs. Cave Beach last year. While we enjoyed it, I like to try things other folks reccomend. The picture of the lobster sold me! Thank you again for taking the time to respond and send photos.

932956e4a5bc4c758c20bfaf21e97072.jpgyou are welcome. Here is another one of him cooking ours. And our guide was Donavan. He is the owner of PPP tours.