Questions about Adventure of the Seas

I know it's probably funny for a person to ask, but is there a Ben & Jerry's on this ship? It's not listed as a part of their amenities on the RC website, but I have seen a few (not many people) post comments about it in reviews.

Also, if anyone has tips on where to buy the best jewelry in St. Marten, PLEASE let me know. I really want to get a pink sapphire ring, but I have no idea where to begin my quest.

Thanks so much!

I'm not sure about the Ben & Jerrys but can tell you that they had one on the Explorer, which was the sister ship. There is a charge and they only had the basic flavors...I think there were 6-8 flavors. They did have soft serve machines setup near the Windjammer and also in the Royal Promenade. We enjoyed this once a day and it's free:)

As far as the stores, there are several to choose from. We went to the store recommended stores and found several bargains (you'll get a sheet with your daily compass). We were also able to barter here and these stores guarantee their items. We did find the pricing to be better in St. Marten than in St. Thomas.

Have fun shopping:D

Absolutely LOVED Kay's Fine Jewelers in St. Maarten!:D I've been there twice and have purchased a beautiful Blue Diamond bracelet and anniversary ring -- Can't wait to get back there to buy earrings or a pendant to go w/them! They had the largest selection of different colored diamonds. I know I saw pink, not sure if they were diamonds or sapphires?? Also bought a new wedding band for DH, he is very happy with that. They give the guys a beer while you shop! We like the old store in town better than the one right at the pier as you get off--the owner is usually there and will give you the bottom line including a discount for repeat customers:)

You will love the AOS! I wish that we had a trip planned on her too!

Just got off the AOS this past Sunday and yes there is a Ben & Jerry's, just don't ask me what flavors or price because I didn't have any.

Have to agree with Chotton we have used Majesty Jewelers and got a great emerald bracelet.

Debbie

How does AOS compare with the Mariner? How are the rooms/ balcony on the bump? Are the joining rooms also joined on the balconies?

They are nearly identical! AOS is a few years older, but in great shape. The cabins are the same--only difference is on the balcony--the glass on Mariner goes all the way down to the deck, but on the AOS, there is steel on the bottom (about a foot tall, unless you are on 6, then it is about half-n-half) They will not allow you to open up the dividers between the balconies of the adjoining cabins--we tried on the Mariner--asked everyone with no luck! I guess that they have in the past, but no longer due to some new safety regulation.

We loved the AOS--both itineraries are the absolute BEST! Overall, we liked our cruises on the AOS better than we did the Mariner (less crowded, fewer kids, better ports...) We had another booked for Feb., but there are no airfare deals to San Juan--had to cancel:(

Kays jewler is also in Aruba. I believe they are related. It was raining when we got to Aruba. After a few beers, my husband bought me a diamond anniversary band. Needless to say he didn't enjoy Aruba. Don't miss the kuka kunuku (not sure of the spelling) it was a lot of fun.

Glndr, yes, they are related. I spoke with the owner in both locations. I purchased a diamond bracelet in St. Maarten. The price was $700 higher in SM than in Aruba, but because they had quoted me the lower price in Aruba I eventually got it for the same price in SM.

Archived