Upsell - Upgrade?? Oh, I just want a balcony!

Heather1972

I think upsells are a completely reasonable thing to do that a lot of people utilize. I had never done it before until my last cruise and booked a guarantee inside with the plan to go for an upsell. I did exactly that a few days before to a balcony for $150 total. I saved almost $1000 from what the original price for the balcony was. I would be fine with an inside on port-heavy itineraries, but why not try for a good deal? It can't hurt you. I definitely prefer balconies, but I think I may do something similar on future cruises. (and hopefully eventually to suites/Haven/penthouses :))

Exactly what you said! If the cruise lines are going to make it a game of our prices go up and down, but we hope you won't notice, I'm going to watch the prices and get the best room I can for how much I want to spend.

Anyway, I called my travel agent a couple of days ago. I upgraded from I1 to Balcony Guarantee for $140 total. Then the travel agent gave me $100 OBC. NCL assigned me a BA cabin. :D

Exactly what you said! If the cruise lines are going to make it a game of our prices go up and down, but we hope you won't notice, I'm going to watch the prices and get the best room I can for how much I want to spend.

Anyway, I called my travel agent a couple of days ago. I upgraded from I1 to Balcony Guarantee for $140 total. Then the travel agent gave me $100 OBC. NCL assigned me a BA cabin. :D

Wow, I need your TA's number!

We got to upgraded to a B3 room for $200 and got the dining package included. I thought we did good, but your deal sounds even better!

I just called upsell for my MX gty on Brreakaway and asked about moving from that to a M6, larger balcony mini suite. They said that they dont move within one category and all they had available for me was a Havana Courtyard at 750 PP. :0 No thanks.

She did mentioned to have my TA contact them but most likely the price to change would be the current price difference. :(

She did mentioned to have my TA contact them but most likely the price to change would be the current price difference. :(

Yep, that was the same with my TA. The prices what you see are what you get. The OBC was just a pleasant surprise in my case.

Wait until 14 days out and call upsell... they will give you an offer then. You don't need your TA for that.

This is different than what many people on this board have said. All other comments have been if you used a TA, they won't deal with your personally.