Sailing on Grandeur with 18 Month Old

magicbananas

Hello! This board was recommended to me from the Royal Caribbean board (my original post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49217271#post49217271).

We are cruising in May from Baltimore to Bermuda on Grandeur. I've had a little bit of an issue with communication from RC reps, so I'm hoping that some more experienced cruisers can give me any recommendations or advice for traveling with a toddler? This is our first ever vacation as a family of three, and only my second cruise, so any and all advice is welcome.

Make sure you bring any and all pediatric meds you MIGHT need...the ship doesn't sell baby stuff! Tylenol, nose drops, benadryl, etc....bring whatever you think you may need!!!

Also, diapers....the ship doesn't sell that, either! There may be packages you can buy in advance, but they're pricey! Just start counting out how many you will use in a week, and bring some extra!

Diapered folks are not allowed in the pools...so a blow up tub might be handy for splashing, AND for bathing...unless you're in a suite, you will only have a shower!

Ice water, milk and juice at breakfast is included in your fare. (also, coffee, tea, and lemonade!) If your child is ok with those drinks...you're good to go!

Edited by cb at sea