Fitness Facility on Regatta

caviargal

I am a gym rat and need to work out every day. Can someone tell me how the fitness facilities are on Regatta? I have read only that they are somewhat small with limited equipment.

What kind of cardio machines are there? And are there a good number of free weights and benches to go around?

thanks!

CG

CaviarGal:

O's fitness facilities are adequate, but are not the huge facilities you find in some of the mega-ships. (O's fitness centers are essentially unchanged from the Renaissance days, if you happen to be a former Ren cruiser.)

Each ship includes a standard layout of about 6-7 treadmills, 3-4 elipticals, 3-4 stationary bicycles, a stairclimber, 6-8 weight machines, and a full set of dumbells up to 50 lbs. There is an area for aerobics, with swiss balls, etc., and our last cruise on Insignia had a new pilates machine, which I'm assuming is standard now for all ships.

There's sometimes a short wait for a treadmill at the early morning primetime 7a-8a, but in afternoon / evening you may have the place to yourself. Access to the other equipment is generally no problem at all.

O offers all the usual group sessions of yoga, aerobics, pilates, etc., and there is always a trainer on duty when the center is open (although they may be at a desk somewhere else when things are slow.)

Personally, I'd like more free weights including barbells, curl bars, etc., but realize these are low demand and are not generally placed on cruise ships due to safety concerns.

Archived