Puerto Rico Cruise Excursions

georgiacat

I am checking into a couple of excursions by the Puerto Rico Cruise Excursion company. I am looking at Old San Juan City & Fortresses vs San Juan City Tour & Beach Escape. Has anyone done these excursions? How was it? Difficulty factor? Do you recommend this company? Please let me know.

Old San Juan is directly adjacent to the cruise ship docks. You can hop on a free open air trolley which takes you to the front door of El Morro.

Then jump back on the trolley and see the old city on your own schedule. The old city is not that large and unless you have mobility issues is very walkable.

Go to the Cruise Critic ports board for all sorts of threads about San Juan and activities/excursions.

Edited by lizardhowson

Done SJ twice as embarkation port and port stop. You can walk off the ship and see both forts within a short walk. Additionally, you walk directly through OSJ doing it.

I would just do a self guided tour as long as you don't want to go much further.

I am checking into a couple of excursions by the Puerto Rico Cruise Excursion company. I am looking at Old San Juan City & Fortresses vs San Juan City Tour & Beach Escape. Has anyone done these excursions? How was it? Difficulty factor? Do you recommend this company? Please let me know.

I have used them for a few things like the rain forest with a Old San Juan tour, airport drop off and i bought a beach package from them which was great! There guides were good and new everything i asked. I like to be toured to get the extra info that i like to get, as long as the guide knows his stuff.

But if that is not important to you you can walk around, i just find that you miss alot just looking at the old structures without all the history behind it.

If your going to other destination and heading to the beach do there fortresses tour, i found it interesting. I stayed in the old city and walked around for a few days and until i was toured i really learned nothing other than seeing old buildings . At least thats my feel about that.

Thanks, PDC2013, that is the information I was looking for. We really like to hear the guides talk about their city. We want to see the forts, and the tour from Carnival seemed to be too difficult. I realize there will be a lot of walking and stairs any way. We will probably go with these guys. After the tour we like to stay in old town, eat and shop. We will walk around on our own then, but a little history ahead of time makes it more interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, PDC2013, that is the information I was looking for. We really like to hear the guides talk about their city. We want to see the forts, and the tour from Carnival seemed to be too difficult. I realize there will be a lot of walking and stairs any way. We will probably go with these guys. After the tour we like to stay in old town, eat and shop. We will walk around on our own then, but a little history ahead of time makes it more interesting.

You are welcome and totally agree they have a few other nice private tours.

Let me know how your experience went, i toured with them over a year ago. I am planning a weekend trip to San Juan in April and want to use them again.

You may get there before we do. We will be there April 27. I reserved the Old San Juan City & Fortresses tour. My credit card deposit went through, but I have not received a confirmation from them yet. My friend said they have not had trouble with them before. I will let this board know how everything goes in May.

Old San Juan is directly adjacent to the cruise ship docks. You can hop on a free open air trolley which takes you to the front door of El Morro.

Then jump back on the trolley and see the old city on your own schedule. The old city is not that large and unless you have mobility issues is very walkable.

Go to the Cruise Critic ports board for all sorts of threads about San Juan and activities/excursions.

Thinking of touring post cruise. How far is Barrachina (sp) restaurant to drop off bags then get trolley? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You may get there before we do. We will be there April 27. I reserved the Old San Juan City & Fortresses tour. My credit card deposit went through, but I have not received a confirmation from them yet. My friend said they have not had trouble with them before. I will let this board know how everything goes in May.

I think you are right i am planing the weekend of the 16th or the 22nd.

If i get there first will let you know how my tours went, looking at going to pork high for sure this time.