kids in rooms by themselves

sherri.l

Your future EX-wife? :confused: :D :eek:

We booked in July for an April, 2006 cruise on the Miracle. We booked directly with Carnival. We are getting married on the ship and I have 2 children 15 and 17 years old. We are staying in a Cat 11 assigned and the kids will be in a 4a GTY. They would not let us book with the kids in one room and us in the other. We had to have one adult booked in each room but our PVP assured us we could change this after boarding. I hope he is right cuz I don't think my future ex-wife is gonna want to spend her honeymoon rooming with my daughter.

We have had our two teenagers in a seperate room - never any issue with carnival. I don't bother with a TA, book it direct. We did this the past 4 years in a row, I just suggest speaking directly with Carnival agents. They are very accomodating.

As far as the comment regarding someone else's children - not true. One year we let each child bring a friend. Two girls - 18; two boys 16. Never had any issue booking them, nor did Carnival make us list it different on paper.

We booked in July for an April, 2006 cruise on the Miracle. We booked directly with Carnival. We are getting married on the ship and I have 2 children 15 and 17 years old. We are staying in a Cat 11 assigned and the kids will be in a 4a GTY. They would not let us book with the kids in one room and us in the other. We had to have one adult booked in each room but our PVP assured us we could change this after boarding. I hope he is right cuz I don't think my future ex-wife is gonna want to spend her honeymoon rooming with my daughter.

It would not have been an issue if you booked them an assigned cabin in the same area as your suite.

As far as the comment regarding someone else's children - not true. One year we let each child bring a friend. Two girls - 18; two boys 16. Never had any issue booking them, nor did Carnival make us list it different on paper.

We also have taken our daughter's friend without her parents on four different cruises. Each time we have booked them in cabins beside ours or across the hall with no problems. We've done this by booking direct with Carnival and with online agencies. Our upcoming cruise in April on the Miracle we have them in a separate cabin again. Booked ith with an online agency with no problem. We also always pick specific cabins and never gaurantees. That may be the difference.

I am a travel agent...so I thought I could add my .02...

I am sailing on the Sensation...April 24, 2006. My dh, me and dd 4, will be in a cat 6d, outside...my older kids dd 16, ds 13 will be directly across the hall. I personally wanted them very close....The only way to guarantee this was to get assigned cabins...which kinda stunk as I had to put down full deposit of $200 pp instead of the $25 pp.

We did not have to have an adult in their cabin. My dd was going to bring a friend...Carnival told me that it wouldn't be a problem...I would have notarized letters for her care...which is like a temporary guardianship during the cruise.

But...I highly recommend getting an assigned cabin, to be sure of location. I would not want to be on one deck and the kids on another...I am nervous enough with them across the hall.

I guess I'm going to get flamed, but can't believe I'm the only one who thinks there is good reason for this rule. I've seen all kinds of posts about kids running wild at night in the halls, etc. If they're in a room of their own, I would think it would be a lot easier to sneak out and roam after mom and dad are asleep. Just my opinion, however.:eek:

I guess I'm going to get flamed, but can't believe I'm the only one who thinks there is good reason for this rule. I've seen all kinds of posts about kids running wild at night in the halls, etc. If they're in a room of their own, I would think it would be a lot easier to sneak out and roam after mom and dad are asleep. Just my opinion, however.:eek:

The rules allow them to be in a room by themselves.

Well, the way I see it, is "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me". In other words, I am willing to allow my responsible older children to stay in their own cabin and to follow the ground rules that we've set. IF they choose to break those rules, then they've lost the privilege of having their own cabin. There won't be a next time. I have let my daughter stay in a cabin with her cousins twice in two of her cruises. To the best of my knowledge, they didn't disturb anyone or abuse their independence. Believe me, if she were squeezed into the cabin we were in, we would probably hear more noise. :eek: She would be clamoring for the bathroom and mirror. Her clothes would take up half the room. We might be hearing the typical sounds of a "bored teenager" stuck with Mom and Dad. When they had their own cabin, it was essentially like having another bedroom. And, like I said, there are guidelines and firm rules they need to follow.

She will spending 4 nights with three of her friends in their own cabin next Spring. I have to admit, this time will be a little more challenging, because not only is she older and more "mature looking", ie, she has a smashing figure!... but she'll be with her friends instead of "just family". This will be the test to see if she can handle this and live up to our trust. As I said, if it doesn't work out, there won't be a next time. Or even worse, we'll shuffle everyone around so there is at least one adult in there as a chaperone at all times. We'll take turns if we have to. And, believe me, if we have to do that, my daughter knows that there will be a price to pay when she gets back home. Privileges are earned... and so far, so good.:)

okay , so the original question was that we are a group of 20 rooms. 17 are balcony and 3 are interior guarantees. we booked the interiors on the same floor as the balconies. this will be our 4th group booking and we have always been placed on the same floor and always within a couple rooms of each other. so back to question (sorry got sidetracked) , has anyone booked guarantees and had all the older kids in a seperate room with no adult booked with them? again we're talking 18, 18, and 19 yr olds

thanks

Sherri, A suggestion if you are going to try and negociate a curfew with your teens: we have been on many cruises with our kids, but only once did we have the luxury of separate rooms! My biggest concern was not knowing if the kids made it in a night, and at what time! I borrowed a baby monitor from a friend - my kids had the room next door. It worked perfectly! I kept it turned on until I heard them come in and then I could check the clock. Good luck with the other issue...We were on RCCL. We just booked an adult in each room, and switched keys. It was no big deal, and I don't remember it being any problem.

Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless:

(1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older;

(2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or

(3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom.

Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest’s failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision

Sounds like you can do it to me.......

To add even more confusion to the mix, I just booked a cruise and was told by Carnival I couldn't book a guarantee if I needed a triple. For a triple, we had to book a specific cabin.

As far as the kids in a cabin by themselves, we have never had a problem putting our kids in a cabin by themselves since we were on the same sailing. However, when we took one of their friends and the friend was under the age of 21, we did have to book her with one of the adults. Carnival told us that since this child (unrelated to us) did not have a parent/legal guardian on board the same sailing, she (and only she) had to be booked in a cabin with an adult. Of course, once onboard, she slept in the kids cabin.

okay...accompanying meaning attached or just close by? maybe just easier after all to go to pursers desk with a big smile and get different room keys.

right next door or directly across the hall (outside/inside, balcony/inside), but this applies only to assigned cabins, not guarantees (because there are no guarantees of location with a "guarantee" booking)

[quote name='sherri.l']okay...accompanying meaning attached or just close by? maybe just easier after all to go to pursers desk with a big smile and get different room keys.[/quote]

right next door or directly across the hall (outside/inside, balcony/inside), but this applies only to assigned cabins, not guarantees (because there are no guarantees of location with a "guarantee" booking)

thanks for clarifying.....all very confusing.

also our TA just booked a quad for a another family in our group, switced it from a triple and we are doing guarantees. carnival said no problem and even gave a great price. we have 20 rooms booked...wonder if that makes a difference.

[quote name='sherri.l']has anyone booked guarantees and put the kids in the seperate rooms.[/quote]

And kids got on the Riveria deck and we got a cabin on the Upper deck for the Victory. If your kids are young-- I wouldnt do that.

Our cabins were linked together== we ate together so I know they had to be linked.

[quote name='sherri.l']they are 18 and 19.....but I still think as a group they will put us near each other. always have in the past.[/quote]

If you booked guarantee cabins, don't necessarily count on being near each other. On Conquest we had one cabin on Lido deck forward and one on Riviera deck midships after booking a guarantee balcony and a guarantee inside. (The inside was upgraded to an OV.)

We just returned from our trip on the Legend, and have twin daughters age 13. We booked adjoining cabins and our TA booked us as adult-child/adult-child. When I went to the purser's desk to have the door in between unlocked (the room steward asked us to do that so he didn't get in trouble for doing it), I also requrested our S&S cards be switched to the correct configuration, but they wouldn't do it, citing Carnival's policy. Now your kids are older so it may be open to further interpretation. Because we had adjoining rooms it wasn't much of a hassle - we always knocked before entering in case someone was getting changed.

FWIW, we received several comments from older folks on our floor that our kids were very polite and well behaved. Made me a proud mama!!!

We sailed on the Carnival Elation a couple of years ago and my daughter and niece had their own room. The way it was booked was my husband was in one room and I the other with a girl in each of our rooms. When we got on the ship we just switched the luggage and they had their own room no problem.

Sherri-- Was this cruise booked as a group--or individual bookings?
as a group the cabins tend to be together--- as individual bookings the cabins could be scattered.
Our first cruise-- didnt know better we booked individual as a group. Our cabins were all on the same deck but all over the place. Few were upgraded few were not.
If we booked as a group--the cabins would have been all together in one area.

serene56,
we are booked as a group.....what we did was book 17 rooms as 8A guarantee and then the 3 interior as 4c guarantee. that way we are all at least starting on the same deck. now logic would say that they will keep us together . probably less chance of a upgrade that way but this is our 4th group cruise ( first with the kids though). TA seems to think that they will keep us together but we will see when the room list first becomes available. past cruises we were all within a couple rooms of each other.

Archived