Trent- Amerisuites or ?

bandpthoma

Which Hampton Inn? Do you mean this one?... http://www.hamptoninnftlauderdale.com/

That Hampton Inn is just north of downtown Fort Lauderdale and is a very nice one, only a couple of years old by the time you're coming. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without a car, but if you do have a car it's a great choice, and is a bit nicer than AmeriSuites.

Are you talking Amerisuites on 17th? I reserved for $170 - how the heck did you get $99?

Never book AmeriSuites directly. It's fine for the Valuetrips prices, but there's no way it's worth $170.

AmeriSuites through Valuetrips... http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

If your dates are during Valuetrips blackout dates then try these two, they're in the same general area, and a bit nicer...

Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Are you talking Amerisuites on 17th? I reserved for $170 - how the heck did you get $99?

Amerisuites on 17th street is only $66 + tax on hotwire. You might even get it cheaper on priceline-- the only 2 1/2 star hotel downtown area.

I've been trying Priceline anything 2.5 above for downtown with maximum bid at this point at $67. Been doing it for about 2 months now. I don't need anything until February 24th, but didn't want to risk not getting a room in the downtown area - so booked it directly through Amerisuites just to insure we had a room. We need 3 rooms because we are traveling with our kids and grandkids. I just went into Hotwire and it said they had NOTHING in the downtown area for my date. Most of the gang aren't getting in until after 10:00 p.m. and we're leaving at 10:00 this next a.m. for Port of Miami so don't want to spend a ton. Would rather save it for excursions, etc.

Thanks for all of your help and input.

What date is amerisuites $66? The time we have been talking about is 2/2006.

I was looking at Sat/Sun in March, 2006. Just depends on your dates in Feb. On hotwire, the amerisuites is the only 2 1/2 star hotel in the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood airport area. On priceline, the amerisuites is the only 2 1/2 star property in the downtown area. Weekend days in Feb do seem to be a bit higher (2/19/06)--was $86 + tax.

Good Luck!

Kel

Is the Americsuites within walking distance of the water taxi? Beach? shopping and dining?

Thanks so much for your help !

AmeriSuites is in a great location with many many restaurants, shops, grocery, drug & liquor stores within easy walking distance. Publix is a block east, Outback and Del Rio Tex Mex restaurants are in the parking lot.

It's a bit farther to the Water Taxi since AmeriSuites is the farthest west of the SE 17th Street hotels, but it's certainly walkable. You can get to the beach easily using the Water Taxi.

Are you sure that it's the Amerisuites on 17th St that comes up for $86. When I tried Hotwire, I got a 2.5 star, with a price of $86. The only thing is that the listed amenities only included a complimentary breakfast. It did not include a pool, shuttle, or the orange 'S' to show that it's a suite. This leads me to believe that it is not the Amerisuites on 17th. I think it is actually in the Los Olas-Downtown area and it comes up on hotwire for $181, listed as 'customer favorite'.

I was looking at Sat/Sun in March, 2006. Just depends on your dates in Feb. On hotwire, the amerisuites is the only 2 1/2 star hotel in the Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood airport area. On priceline, the amerisuites is the only 2 1/2 star property in the downtown area. Weekend days in Feb do seem to be a bit higher (2/19/06)--was $86 + tax.

Amerisuites is in the Las Olas-Downtown area for Hotwire, not the Hollywood Airport area. You must be sure it shows the 'S' for suites and 'customer favorite'. We got it on Hotwire for Dec 2005 for $62.

ell

Amerisuites is in the Las Olas-Downtown area for Hotwire, not the Hollywood Airport area. You must be sure it shows the 'S' for suites and 'customer favorite'. We got it on Hotwire for Dec 2005 for $62.

ell

Oops! Sorry--thanks for the update.

Are you sure that it's the Amerisuites on 17th St that comes up for $86. When I tried Hotwire, I got a 2.5 star, with a price of $86. The only thing is that the listed amenities only included a complimentary breakfast. It did not include a pool, shuttle, or the orange 'S' to show that it's a suite. This leads me to believe that it is not the Amerisuites on 17th. I think it is actually in the Los Olas-Downtown area and it comes up on hotwire for $181, listed as 'customer favorite'.

KreinKrunker,

You are correct!! Not sure how I got off track? I'm so use to Priceline's coding for "Downtown" FLL. :rolleyes: :)

Thanks for the update.

Kel

Archived