Advice Welcome!

LakeWobegon

And appreciated! I just bought a GoPro 4 Black last week and have been messing around with it, mostly shooting it in 4k and playing around with it and watching on our Samsung 4k TV that the Misses and I got each other for Christmas. That, btw, was a huge jump for us from the old Sony box style TV we had in the entertainment center.

Anyway, I've been mostly shooting in 4k and now starting to go through the GoPro manual I downloaded and printed from online. It has recommendations on what video mode to shoot in under what conditions. But not knowing much if anything about taking pictures or videos other than pressing the picture or record button, does anyone have any resources or information they think would be good for a beginner videographer if that's the word to consult.

Going to be using the GoPro extensively on the upcoming Escape cruise on NCL next month. My main concern is if I'm shooting everything in 4K, will it be hard to download, edit and or share with others.

Thanks!

http://abekislevitz.com/

http://abekislevitz.com/new-features-of-the-hero4/

He's a Media Producer at GoPro full-time. His blog is as good as it gets - and quite unbiased - he has no problem pointing out a certain models short comings as well as strengths.

I only have a "3" that I shoot 1080 with and it's challenging for an A10 AMD processor computer. I can't share much in that arena.

Thanks for the replies. I checked out the blogs last night and its packed with great information. Yes, I bought two extra batteries with a dual battery charger and I've started with a 64MB card but thinking I should buy another for the cruise so I don't have to worry about filling the first one up and having to delete, etc.